In the middle of downloading , will create the mirror link for the rest convenient .
    01-31-12 10:16 PM
    I can not inturpet what information that needs to be put in the blanks I have no idea what they say or information to put in, can someone help me with that?
    01-31-12 10:47 PM
    Easy use the rule of thumb click the left hand side button.
    01-31-12 11:08 PM
    Ciao!
    I can't select any language from the DM application menu, it let me choose just "wireless music sync", no other applications and languages are present. To install the new os first I wiped the Torch with blackberry master control program, then I installed the 723 os.
    Problem solved. Just checked the internet access, it must be off because DM looks in the internet for the applications. Never happened this in the previous os upgrades.
    Last edited by rampa; 02-01-12 at 02:15 PM.
    02-01-12 12:42 AM
    I dowloaded the allLang version from the official link... had to complete the form by guessing... but managed ok.

I installed OS after deleting vendor file using apploader. So far I have not noticed any differencer compared to 706. Too soon to tell about battery. Free memory seems to be the same, but 706 was good to me too!

No issues when installing, just apgraded OS.. all my apps and data were restored with no problem.

Only issue, I had to upgrade my BBM and appworlds ID app. This OS still has an older version for those 2 apps.
    One thing I'm slightly concerned about upgrading to this new OS, is losing the complimentary apps from RIM.
    Namely Vlingo plus version, as I've found I'm using it more often now than ever.
    Has any one found a problem with this ?
    02-01-12 04:45 AM
    One thing I'm slightly concerned about upgrading to this new OS, is losing the complimentary apps from RIM.
    Namely Vlingo plus version, as I've found I'm using it more often now than ever.
    I have a bunch of them, including Vlingo, and they all still work fine after this update.
    I had no problems installing this update. It went like every other one I have done over the many years using BB's. I also shrunk it a bit first.
    mackpee likes this.
    02-01-12 08:04 AM
    No issues with loosing apps.
    mackpee likes this.
    02-01-12 08:17 AM
    The apps will be tied to your Appworld account/device. Updating will not lose them.
    mackpee likes this.
    02-01-12 08:40 AM
    Installed this last night. Still having the PIN issue the option is not available. Maybe will need to try to revert to .448 and do the upgrade? A little frustrating as it seems to be an issue for some and not for others.
    hmm.. thats odd. I kept an eye on it since I did the upgrade and the option was always there. I just checked now too and its still there.

Keep in mind I didnt wipe my BB to do the upgrade. I installed the OS upgrade, renamed the 2 vendor files to vendor.xml.old located under (I run Win7 64bit)
    - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    - C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\Blackberry\Loader XML

Then I ran Desktop Manager, plugged my BB 9800 and it showed there being an upgrade OS.

Installed it and all is good so far.
    boeki99 likes this.
    02-01-12 08:58 AM
    The apps will be tied to your Appworld account/device. Updating will not lose them.
    More than that, the loader (DM too, for that matter) gives you the option to back up your apps along with your data during the OS load process. It will put them all back. Some apps will retain their settings you may have changed and some won't. You just have to reset some things in some apps after the reload.

App World really has nothing to do with it. There are plenty apps that you still can't get on App World but carry over just fine in an OS update of reload. Like Google Maps, the Amazon app and the Kindle app.

Now, if you do a full wipe, then the OS install, App World will allow you to reload the app you bought through it. But then you have to hunt down any other apps you may have installed outside of App World.
    mackpee likes this.
    02-01-12 10:14 AM
    For those who are having problems with trying for figure out english translation on the link provided, use this as a template...........

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...B5B6B28400D434

MrLynd54, yogi and pastycat like this.
    02-01-12 10:53 AM
    Upgraded from 666 this morning. No issues, radio seems way faster to acquire Wifi and 3g signals ...
    As snappy as before, may be even a bit faster.
    No issues so far, and can not comment on battery life yet !
    02-01-12 11:41 AM
    Upgraded from 666 this morning. No issues, radio seems way faster to acquire Wifi and 3g signals ...
    As snappy as before, may be even a bit faster.
    No issues so far, and can not comment on battery life yet !

He snoopy 32;

I'm on ver 666 as well and considering upgrading. Tell me, did your email accounts restore properly and working well?? Some of the guys here lost their email accounts when they upgraded to .706....so i did'nt take the chance since .666 works so well.

I just want to be sure that this version doesn't have any issue like that.
    Thanks
    02-01-12 01:56 PM
    He snoopy 32;

I'm on ver 666 as well and considering upgrading. Tell me, did your email accounts restore properly and working well?? Some of the guys here lost their email accounts when they upgraded to .706....so i did'nt take the chance since .666 works so well.

I just want to be sure that this version doesn't have any issue like that.
    Thanks
    i always wipe and never restore. i then use appworld to re-download my apps. i also re-send my service books from bis. this means no old emails or sms are restored. i could restore them manually from the full manual backup i do before wiping, but i usually do not. this time i did not restore them.
    Last edited by snoopy92; 02-01-12 at 02:13 PM.
    02-01-12 02:11 PM
    I haven't loaded this version yet - will do it later today- but I've loaded almost every build update since I got this phone with AT&T's 246 in December of 2010.

I've never had the issue of losing my email accounts. One is a work exchange outlook account (using BIS to get to the OWA), and the other is a regular ISP pop3 home account.

After every OS load, I would soon get an email confirming registration with the BB servers in both accounts.

I don't expect this build to be any different.

Of course, something could always go wrong.
    02-01-12 02:27 PM
    After the app loader completed upgrading my phone's software to .723 (on top of .706), the phone rebooted as expected. The phone should then have come up operational after about five minutes. However, when the boot progress bar reached about 80%, the phone rebooted. This cyclic, self-reboot scenario continued until I pulled the battery. I then re-installed .723 (on top of .723 this time) and the phone rebooted normally.
    Last edited by eywong; 02-01-12 at 03:47 PM.
    02-01-12 02:59 PM
    Reloaded OS today and seems to be working fine... Some nice little extras sprinkled in and seems faster. Battery life seems about the same but we'll see after a full charge. Only issue I have is with WhatsApp... When I run the app it asks for registration etc and then my phone number. I enter it and then it just spins saying waiting for network. Has anyone else loaded WhatsApp and is it working successfully? Or is it an OS incompatibility issue with the new version?

Thx
    02-01-12 07:35 PM
    hmm.. thats odd. I kept an eye on it since I did the upgrade and the option was always there. I just checked now too and its still there.

Keep in mind I didnt wipe my BB to do the upgrade. I installed the OS upgrade, renamed the 2 vendor files to vendor.xml.old located under (I run Win7 64bit)
    - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    - C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\Blackberry\Loader XML

Then I ran Desktop Manager, plugged my BB 9800 and it showed there being an upgrade OS.

Installed it and all is good so far.
    I lost the option since .668 that's the only version that compose PIN has shown up. Not missing it terribly as everyone has drifted to other devices that i used it for mostly but it should function. I don't mind playing around but it takes time and it should work! Maybe i should try a complete wipe, as i haven't tried that, more work than i wanted to get into
    02-01-12 07:42 PM
    Hello I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I have successfully downloaded the software, removed the vendor.xml file but when I click on the update button and pass the yellow warning screen I get a white window that says "One or more modules could not be resolved". Any suggestions?
    02-01-12 10:07 PM
    thanks samc3838 - upgraded my torch os without any hassle. just recognized that the speed went a bit faster, battery seems to be okay. also i've got a notification from appworld that bbm has to be updated as well so far so good.... perfectly working!
    02-02-12 02:49 AM
    How is the battery life?

I never got a chance to DL 706...
    02-02-12 08:18 AM
    Reloaded OS today and seems to be working fine... Some nice little extras sprinkled in and seems faster. Battery life seems about the same but we'll see after a full charge. Only issue I have is with WhatsApp... When I run the app it asks for registration etc and then my phone number. I enter it and then it just spins saying waiting for network. Has anyone else loaded WhatsApp and is it working successfully? Or is it an OS incompatibility issue with the new version?

Thx
    I'm using the whatsapp beta, and it did throw a java error on firs startup, but once I re-registered, it's working fine.
    02-02-12 09:03 AM
    I am noticing 3g reception is a bit worse than before. I am now in EDGE in locations where I could get 3G (poor reception areas).
    Also noticed this morning my saved wifi hotspots where not automatically connecting anymore.
    02-02-12 09:31 AM
    btw i did try bridging it to my pb and it works well - no issues so far!
    02-02-12 11:58 AM
    I'm using the whatsapp beta, and it did throw a java error on firs startup, but once I re-registered, it's working fine.
    Thanks... it still doesn't seem to be working. Maybe I'll have to wait for an update or something... I'm not sure what else it could be... i've tried everything I can think of.
    02-02-12 03:39 PM
164 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD