This has been around since January so is everyone happ with it now or are there further issues?
    06-03-12 04:21 AM
    With reading all these I think I am sticking with what I have.
    06-08-12 01:30 AM
    I've had this since Jan. and it had been relatively stable for most of that time. Even the battery drain wasn't any worse than any other build for me.

However, in the past month now, things are not as smooth anymore. One big issue is something that I experienced in previous builds, but not with this build until recently - the reduced virtual keyboard will not stay in SureType/predictive mode. No matter what the option settings are set for, the virtual keyboard always starts off in multitap mode. I have to click the menu button, select "enable multitap", then click the menu button again and select "enable SureType" to make it work. But, if the keyboard goes away - like if I were to leave the message reply field while on this forum mobile site (as I am now), then go back to the message field to finish - it loses the setting and goes back to multitap. I have to reset it again by going to the menu twice.

This happens in any text input in any app - browser, texting, searching in App World, anywhere.

And I don't like the full keyboard in portrait mode because the keys are just too close and I can't type the right key a good portion of the time. It gets real frustrating quick.

Another recent strange occurrence is that after a reboot, about every other time, the phone asks me to verify the current date and time. It's always correct, but why it asks this in the first place baffles me. I looked up this issue, but it seems that it was an old issue that used to go along with a frozen phone. Mine doesn't freeze. I just click the "ok" button and it's fine.

I tried reloading the OS several times but nothing changes. The problems are still there. I may go back to 706, and try that for a while.
    sllock likes this.
    06-18-12 10:01 AM
    Guys I have a question. I downloaded .723 and proceeded to load as usual, that is through apploader but it doesnt load the OS onto my device. I have an AT&T branded Torch so I need to know if this is a DRM or noDRM issue like with the storm. please urgent response needed. OS .600 is problematic
    06-25-12 02:37 AM
    Guys I have a question. I downloaded .723 and proceeded to load as usual, that is through apploader but it doesnt load the OS onto my device. I have an AT&T branded Torch so I need to know if this is a DRM or noDRM issue like with the storm. please urgent response needed. OS .600 is problematic
    Did you delete all "vendor.xml" files? I found it in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader on my Windows XP PC. Depending on your PC's OS, there may be hidden copies of the file on your hard drive. Search for those and delete them, too.
    06-25-12 08:19 AM
    Isnt there anyone with the answer to this problem. I performed a device wipe and in the end had to reinstall OS .600. the system kept on saying that there was no update and trust me I had downloaded the .723 and deleted the vendor XML. Any ideas?
    06-29-12 04:00 AM
    I've had that issue a few times trying to update various phones, even after removing All other old OS's and reinstalling the newest I've had the uploader go through in lightening fast time and say all updated when not, I just gave up, You may need to do a complete Device wipe with bbsak and go that way??
    06-29-12 04:05 AM
    Isnt there anyone with the answer to this problem. I performed a device wipe and in the end had to reinstall OS .600. the system kept on saying that there was no update and trust me I had downloaded the .723 and deleted the vendor XML. Any ideas?
    I vaguely recall having a similar issue trying to install a previous version. I think I deleted the apploader directory from my PC and then I reinstalled the update package, which also installed the apploader packaged with the update.I hope that will resolve your issue. Good luck.
    06-29-12 04:23 AM
    Latest OS' have 2 vendor.xml files that you need to delete. search crackberry forum for vendelete thread - it is a very nice app to track those files down for you.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    06-29-12 11:26 PM
    I update the bb app world update. Now I don't have app world icon bb protect disappeared also and when I login to bb site offf my torch it says my device is unsupported. I just want my apps to wrk and app world back. Seriously seriously thinking of changing to iphone after 6 yrs of bb
    08-08-12 02:31 PM
    i just bricked my simcard
    10-12-12 12:20 AM
    anyone still on hear?
    10-12-12 12:39 AM
    i just bricked my simcard
    Best Case Scenario: you bricked your simcard phone?

The process has been mentioned a few times in THIS thread.
    Plug the phone out and back into your computer and re-run "loader.exe"
    ---------------------
    Worst Case Scenario: You actually do mean your simcard
    You might want to try taking the phone to your mobile carrier and have them check it out.
    10-23-12 03:46 PM
    i've upgrade to this one, and my battere draining so fast..
    i've wait until the system stabill, maybe about 1month long, but nothing change...
    Just share my honest experience with this OS.
    Now i'm searching for leaked OS, gambling, hehehhe..
    10-24-12 10:53 AM
    I upgraded my 9800 to OS version 6.0.0.747 (via Telus) in September. The OS seems to work fine. I have no issues with battery consumption.
    10-24-12 11:18 AM
    why dony the moderator update this thread torch 9800 has a latest OS .747 now
    12-14-12 02:49 PM
    Because were old Hat now! ;-)
    12-14-12 03:12 PM
    Because were old Hat now! ;-)
    Exactly
    Not being treated well
    12-15-12 02:36 AM
    If you look what hjappened when OS6 came out, OS5 got left, no one developed anything for it etc. No different for now OS7, were all old hat on 'Old' devices,
    No doubt when bb10 launches, OS7 will follow a similar suit!
    12-15-12 03:42 AM
    hmm.. now every eye is on bb10. lets pray just it should be in a reasonable price range not like bb porche
    12-15-12 07:53 AM
    I've had nothing but trouble since installing the latest OS update from Telus on my 9800.

• Picture thumbnails are no longer created - always blank.
    • Camera is slower, often taking 5-6 seconds to take a picture (AFTER focusing), and sometimes not even taking the shot.
    • Loading pictures is slower.
    • Everything in general is slower.
    • Sometimes when going to the All Programs list (using an old-fashioned theme, not a stock 9800 style theme), none of the icons will appear until I back out and try again.
    • When task switching (by holding menu or by using alt-back), one row of icons disappears while on the other row, and until I cycle around to the SECOND item on the row.
    • Probably unrelated, but my phone's reception is generally worse with many dropped calls.
    • Touch screen and track pad will often not respond on wake (both with phone open and closed), requiring two presses of the lock button (which now take 1-2 seconds to respond, rather than instant as it was before).

That's just what I can remember off the top of my head.

Will reloading the OS from scratch fix any of this, or do I need to revert?
    12-16-12 02:00 AM
    why are u stuck with this only,
    load the latest one .747
    that works great.
    i am happy with that.
    12-16-12 08:45 AM
    I AM running 6.0.0.747. Ever since it was installed, I have had all the above listed problems and many more.
    12-20-12 09:15 AM
    Since getting my Torch 9800 in late 2010, I've upgraded from 600 to 647 to 660 to 700 to 706. I think I did a clean install each time after "trimming" the OS w/ BBSAK. 706 has been rock solid for me. Didn't bother w/ 723 after too many folks reported too many issues. I've never seen anything about 747 until now.

That said, I have to agree w/ others; OS6 basically died shortly after OS7 was released. Forget any real updates, fixes, etc. Your options are:

a) Android
    b) iPhone
    c) Windows Phone
    d) BB OS10
    e) live with what you got.

IMHO, Android and iPhone each have their pluses & minuses. Windows Phone has promise, but needs to mature a bit plus existing phone options don't work for me. The Lumina 920 is too big, and the HTC camera & phone quality suck.

I was planning on abandoning BB, but reconsidering after reading the recent OS10 stuff. Just have to wait...sigh.....
    12-20-12 02:51 PM
    Another issue I've had is bad contact synchronization - dozens of my contacts are duplicated with no apparent difference between the two entries.

I plan to dump and manually edit everything on my device, erase it completely, and re-install .747 from scratch. If that doesn't fix my issues, I will be going back to whatever the previous OS on my device was... .706 I think.

I will post my results here.
    12-21-12 10:04 AM
164 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD