BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.2949 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 6.0.0.2949
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 6.0.0.668
    Software Platform: 6.6.0.236
    File name: 9800M_PBr6.0.0_rel2949_PL6.6.0.236_A6.0.0.668_Voda fone_DE.exe
    File size: 168.98MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software

from BlackBerry

or

from FileServe
    Last edited by rroyy; 10-04-11 at 06:05 AM.
    10-03-11 04:38 PM
    wanted to know if this is worth dl onto your phone or should I just wait for Rogers to have another official update

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-11 05:55 PM
    The Blackberry site is down for maintenance, is there a mirror? The fileshare isn't hyperlinked
    10-03-11 09:46 PM
    BB Site up to ****E. Alternative link?!
    10-04-11 01:50 AM
    Thanks rroyy. .666 to .668! Has anyone ever seen such a small incremental release?
    10-04-11 03:50 AM
    dont believe it - literally just patched to .666

unless there's a critical fix I'll stick :-)
    10-04-11 04:07 AM
    Think I'm going to continue "running with the devil" and stick with 666.... I'll wait to see if there are any compelling reasons to move to 668. Heck, could be he same build, but someone didn't like the 666 number!

10-04-11 04:10 AM
    Alternate link

Here

10-04-11 04:14 AM
    Here's my short-version OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
      *If 100% certain you've previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, navigate to
      �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
      �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss v2.2 or Shrink-A-OS/BBH+ Tool.
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After OS install is complete, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is installed.

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    dakid2k6, ddee06, Lyls and 3 others like this.
    10-04-11 04:41 AM
    Thanks rroyy. .666 to .668! Has anyone ever seen such a small incremental release?
    448 and 450 actually leaked on the very same day...
    Altarocks likes this.
    10-04-11 04:46 AM
    448 and 450 actually leaked on the very same day...
    Ah, you're right. And I had very different results with the two. That's the only time I've ever rolled back (.448>.450>.448). Can't wait to hear any reported differences.
    Last edited by Altarocks; 10-04-11 at 09:35 AM.
    10-04-11 08:53 AM
    wanted to know if this is worth dl onto your phone or should I just wait for Rogers to have another official update
    As I told you the last time you asked something like this around a week ago, all OS's are made by RIM. There is no logical reason to consider which carrier "released" it.
    Altarocks likes this.
    10-04-11 10:09 AM
    No...but then I have only been with BlackBerry for a year. Makes you wonder what the difference is, if any. It would be funny if they changed the number just to avoid any association with devil stuff.
    10-04-11 12:23 PM
    This is a new one - after launching loader, the wizard only shows 3rd party apps. No OS version, no languages, no help files, nothing.
    10-04-11 12:35 PM
    This is a new one - after launching loader, the wizard only shows 3rd party apps. No OS version, no languages, no help files, nothing.
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available

If you're having this issue, there are 2 common reasons.

The first is that there is an extra copy of Vendor on your PC (assuming you've already deleted Vendor). Search your PC for Vendor. It might appear in Temp Files or elsewhere.
    When deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.

If there doesn't appear to be Vendor anywhere, you need to delete the contents of the AppLoader folder. (That's the folder where you found Vendor.)

1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel>Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).
    10-04-11 01:10 PM
    Thanks for the tips elite1, but this just isn't working for me. Went through all a couple times exactly as you suggested. Now the loader wizard is telling me the system apps for this are older than .666. I've installed every Torch leak released without trouble, but this one's got some bad mojo. Maybe .666 has possessed my Torch and needs an exorcism
    10-04-11 04:24 PM
    I get the same thing, I've tried everything it just keeps telling me that the files are older (668) than is already installed 666.

Upon closer examination 666 has PL6.6.0.241 whereas this 668 is PL6.6.0.236 which would explain things I guess.
    Last edited by spektakle; 10-04-11 at 06:06 PM.
    10-04-11 05:45 PM
    I had the same no new OS found with .666
    In the end I had to delete all the OS installations on my pc, delete the jvm on my BB and let the desktop manager install 448.
    After 448 was installed I still could not get to .666, so I reinstalled 600 following the normal steps.
    Once 600 was installed I removed it from my pc and installed .666 - and then apploader and the dekstop manager both saw .666 as an available and more recent OS!

This whole process took around 3hours!! I ran ccleaner several times removed all BB products from my PC and nothing worked. In the end the solution appeared to be going back to my carriers latest OS .448 and stepping to the leaked version of .600 then to .666.

Very painful, never had it happen before.
    Will try .668 when I get back to the office and let you all know if I have any issues.

MoPiou likes this.
    10-04-11 06:48 PM
    In the end I had to delete all the OS installations on my pc, delete the jvm on my BB and let the desktop manager install 448.
    After 448 was installed I still could not get to .666, so I reinstalled 600 following the normal steps.
    Once 600 was installed I removed it from my pc and installed .666 - and then apploader and the dekstop manager both saw .666 as an available and more recent OS!

This whole process took around 3hours!! I ran ccleaner several times removed all BB products from my PC and nothing worked. In the end the solution appeared to be going back to my carriers latest OS .448 and stepping to the leaked version of .600 then to .666.

Will try .668 when I get back to the office and let you all know if I have any issues.

Had similar issues with some of the OS updates.

All you need to do:

1. Remove everything blackberry from desktop, that's OS and DM

2. Run ccleaner (most importantly the registry tab where you click on repair).

3. REBOOT.

4. Reinstall DM, and the desired OS

5. Remove vendor.xml or if you use a shrink tool this should be removed for you.

6. Run apploader and install OS. This should pick up all your 3rd party apps and themes and settings to carrry forward with you on the new OS. Ensure however to have your radios off so you will have all your BBM group and contacts backed up and recovered.
    10-04-11 07:11 PM
    Thanks for the tips elite1, but this just isn't working for me. Went through all a couple times exactly as you suggested. Now the loader wizard is telling me the system apps for this are older than .666. I've installed every Torch leak released without trouble, but this one's got some bad mojo. Maybe .666 has possessed my Torch and needs an exorcism
    I get the same thing, I've tried everything it just keeps telling me that the files are older (668) than is already installed 666.

Upon closer examination 666 has PL6.6.0.241 whereas this 668 is PL6.6.0.236 which would explain things I guess.
    Before uninstalling everything per Zocster's recommendation above, I'd try only uninstalling 666 AND 668, clearing AppLoader folder, and restarting PC.

Then re-install 668 to your PC and follow my original upgrade guide up in post #9.

Hopefully I'm not wasting anyone's time and that just works. Otherwise, go to Zocster's suggestions which I believe will certainly work as well. The only reason why I say to try this first is that uninstalling DM and multiple OS's, and then re-installing DM might take quite some time on some people's PC's.
    10-04-11 08:56 PM
    Pardon my newbness, but does this means intalling .668 from .666 is a step backwards?
    10-04-11 08:56 PM
    Pardon my newbness, but does this means intalling .668 from .666 is a step backwards?
    Nothing to pardon; that's a perfectly logical question.

The Platform version refers to the radio file.
    The main part of the OS is the Java files, and these are updated from 666 to 668.

So apparently the radio file may be incrementally older, while everything else is incrementally newer. That's a little unusual.

It might be a sign that this OS was tailor-made for a carrier based on the framework of a previous OS. We saw this a few times with OS 5 builds on the 9700.

If a more experienced member tries 668 and knows how to unlock the escreens, we can see the actual build date.
    Morbium likes this.
    10-04-11 09:20 PM
    This happened to me a few years ago on my 8100. At one point, two OS 4.5 versions were released, and while one had a build number that was several points higher than one released only a few weeks earlier, the platform was a few points lower. DM (version 5) at the time saw it as a "downgrade", but let me load it anyway.

So, its not unheard of.

10-04-11 09:41 PM
    How does this OS compare to .526 and .600?

10-04-11 11:24 PM

Hi,

This happened to me quite recently.

Then I stumbled upon the solution in one of blackberry forums online.

Try this:
    1. Uninstall the OS.
    2. Delete Apploader folder.
    3. Delete:

32-bit
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9800xxxxxxxxxxxxx <---- this folder

64-bit
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9800xxxxxxxxxxxx <---- this folder

4. Reinstall the OS you wanna load up.
    5. Delete vendor.xml in the new AppLoader folder.
    6. You may try to upgrade now.

Let me know if this works for you guys.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Adiq; 10-05-11 at 12:51 AM. Reason: rephrase
    10-05-11 12:48 AM
97 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD