9800M_PBr6.0.0_rel3159_PL6.6.0.250_A6.0.0.749.exe

Direct link
    Last edited by rroyy; 03-30-13 at 07:00 AM.
    metroside, akavbb, dee. and 2 others like this.
    01-05-13 12:28 AM
    Wha?!? 36 hours and no feedback yet?

Here's my updated OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE
    (updated 2012-09-01)

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
      *If 100% certain you previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
      64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS) or BB Boss v2.2 (not as updated as BBHT).
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

**TROUBLESHOOTING**
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
      64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    akavbb likes this.
    01-06-13 02:40 PM
    It's the weekend. I actually do my upgrades at work. But, 747 has been running so smooth for me so far that I'm not so sure I want to change it.
    01-06-13 05:46 PM
    I have upgrade to .749 yesterday. No real noticeable changes other than having more application memory available. Feels quicker but that is normal after completing an upgrade.
    I'll test and provide more feedback over the coming days. What I'm really after is a radio signal and battery life improvements.
    01-06-13 06:26 PM
    It's fine for me as well. No problems seen. I will be watching.
    01-11-13 04:26 AM
    Loaded it up a a couple days ago, nothing noticable so far. Battery did drain faster at first, but seems to be stabilizing. Otherwise, no problems and seems to run smoothly. But then .747 was also just fine.
    01-11-13 10:32 PM
    to download this oS, i need login first??? how i suppose to register on this site?
    01-13-13 12:36 PM
    to download this oS, i need login first??? how i suppose to register on this site?
    You are not supposed to...
    on the left side of the page is a BIG "Free Download Area link"......
    01-14-13 01:25 PM

https://updateservice.t-mobile.net/b...o?servcoid=TMA
    rroyy, any chance that the vendor.xml stripped OS's might create "appworld" issues???

i.e. sudden appworld freezing etc?
    01-14-13 01:29 PM
    I also noticed that this OS did not come with a vendor.xml file.

But, I have no issues with App World. Runs fine here.
    01-15-13 10:17 AM
    is this just a regular language? or does it have chinese handwriting?
    01-16-13 07:22 PM
    is this just a regular language? or does it have chinese handwriting?
    This one does no appear to be an "all language" bundle. Unlike the previous .747 build - which was also almost 20mb bigger.
    01-17-13 10:28 AM
    Installed this update to my phone last night and after installation device no longer works. I don't know how an update managed to screwed my phone up. It was working fine before I did the install. Now screen doesn't work yet the device seems to be on because when I push the slider up the keyboard lights up. Also, the short welcome animated video with music is heard but that's about it. I've tried the suggested ways but no success. I'm very upset my device just stopped working after installation. I've done many updates on a 9700 before and it never came to this. I don't know if my phone is bricked, nuked, or whatever it's called. Any suggestions? I'm open to just about anything to make my device work once again. Thanks.
    01-21-13 05:05 PM
    Installed this update to my phone last night and after installation device no longer works. I don't know how an update managed to screwed my phone up. It was working fine before I did the install. Now screen doesn't work yet the device seems to be on because when I push the slider up the keyboard lights up. Also, the short welcome animated video with music is heard but that's about it. I've tried the suggested ways but no success. I'm very upset my device just stopped working after installation. I've done many updates on a 9700 before and it never came to this. I don't know if my phone is bricked, nuked, or whatever it's called. Any suggestions? I'm open to just about anything to make my device work once again. Thanks.
    You say you've tried the suggested ways....what exactly did you try?
    Your best bet would be to wipe the OS and do a fresh install, to the previous OS. Once the OS is up and running again, just do a restore from DM, to get all your stuff back.
    01-22-13 12:58 PM
    You say you've tried the suggested ways....what exactly did you try?
    I've tried wiping the OS for a fresh install many times. I even tried installing a the previous version too. I also tried going to the recommended version for my device which is .600 and nothing. I've also tried the "How do I Recover a Dead Blackberry" thread on CB using the LOADER /NOJVM in the command line too. I don't know what else to do. It seems strange because I've done many updates on my prior device which was the 9700.
    01-22-13 04:53 PM
    I've tried wiping the OS for a fresh install many times. I even tried installing a the previous version too. I also tried going to the recommended version for my device which is .600 and nothing. I've also tried the "How do I Recover a Dead Blackberry" thread on CB using the LOADER /NOJVM in the command line too. I don't know what else to do. It seems strange because I've done many updates on my prior device which was the 9700.

Then maybe your problem is not software related but hardware related. I know you say it worked fine before the OS update, but if you wiped and reinstalled and it still didin't work..maybe it hardware. Do you see the Blackberry name and progress bar at all?
    01-23-13 11:00 AM
    Do you see the Blackberry name and progress bar at all?
    No Blackberry name or progress bar at all. I do hear the music after you install the OS but that's about it. I figured it's a hardware issue since no one else that has downloaded this version has reported anything. I should just say bye bye to this phone. I was hoping it would have kept me going until BB10 came out. Oh well.
    01-23-13 03:44 PM
    After some days with .749 I�m having some problems:
    - orientation change is very slow,
    - unlock with lock button needs up to 3 sec
    - battery life is bad

BUT:
    + maybe it�s just an illusion but i think the camera quality is better
    + fast 3G & WiFi Lock
    01-23-13 04:29 PM
    After some days with .749 I�m having some problems:
    - orientation change is very slow,
    - unlock with lock button needs up to 3 sec
    - battery life is bad

BUT:
    + maybe it�s just an illusion but i think the camera quality is better
    + fast 3G & WiFi Lock
    You say some days...have you given enough time for the OS to settle in?? Have you done enough battery pulls?
    01-24-13 11:51 AM
    I'm going to try this OS update soon. I'll try to report back the results.
    01-25-13 05:05 AM
    So far, so good. One of the best update. It solved the issue I had on the previous update.

Good battery life considering my over 2 years old 9800.

With the latest BB desktop software, very smooth update and automatic reconnection to my BES.
    01-27-13 08:02 AM
    what version of App World comes with this update? is it at least 3.1 or better?
    most recent release (6...723) prior to this one, came with App World 3.0,
    which is still not enaugh to work with wi-fi...
    01-27-13 11:29 PM
    Will try on my day off or sometime after work when I find the energy.
    01-27-13 11:41 PM
    What's new in this new ROM? My friend's BB 9320 can use BBM thru wifi witouth any BIS/BES registered, but for me, i cannot use it. will this new ROM can fix this?
    02-04-13 03:32 AM
    this ".749" OS version has a 2.1 App World, which is step back from previous ".723" OS which has a 3.0 App World.
    what is a point of update then, if some items are downgraded instead of updated.
    3.1 App World was released before ".749" came along.
    why not include it in an "updated" OS, since it's available?
    3.1 and 4.0 App World work with wi-fi, this would really be an update...
    02-04-13 03:01 PM
48 12