To ghostryder12:

Restarting is NOT the same as a battery-pull. It is not as effective.
    04-07-11 02:40 AM
    To ghostryder12:

Restarting is NOT the same as a battery-pull. It is not as effective.
    Wow, I stand corrected. I guess it's because I read it in a post from a Blackberry Support Community moderator is why I thought it was the same thing. I probably read it wrong so I will do some searching regarding this issue and correct my answer.

Thanks for your input, it's members like you that make forums such as this one such a learning experience.
    04-07-11 01:07 PM
    Everytime I try a new OS my 9800 goes into a constant reboot and it takes forever to get it back. I've updated my OS more times than I can count on various models and on the 9800 itself, has anyone else had this issue and if so how did you rectify the issue. I've even had an OS go into a constant reboot after upgrading some apps from app world. I'm at a loss any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    04-08-11 10:26 AM
    When I forst loaded .448 on my phone my battery was brutally bad. I wiped and reinstalled .448 and so far the better life is amazing! I dont know if something went wrong when I first loaded it but after the wipe it is night and day
    04-09-11 02:38 PM
    98000 Software awesome
    Thesis Writing
    04-11-11 05:50 AM
    And I have not had that issue since upgrading to .448.

I suggest two things.

1. With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most gltiches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this. (btw, instead of battery pull if you press and hold alt+right caps lock key+del and wait for the red indicator light to come on, you can hard reset the phone.. that worked for me)

2. Press and hold the BB button to the left of the trackball. You should only have 5 apps open all the time. If there are more, open an app. Hit the menu button (BB key and scroll DOWN to close)
    at the home screen hold the menu key again to see if the app is running, it should be closed....
    from my experience some apps need this done twice..dont ask why. dont know they just do...

Sorry for assuming that you are not aware of the above steps, but I want to make sure cuz I have had no problems with the battery since downloading .448. With .246, the battery was not what it is now.
    Thank You, I'll give it a shot.
    04-11-11 08:33 AM
    Well, I think this thread can be retired from the sticky section in favor of the AT&T official .526 release.
    04-15-11 09:40 PM
    Well, I think this thread can be retired from the sticky section in favor of the AT&T official .526 release.
    It's unbelievable...AT&T is up to date with .526???? I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't read it....
    04-16-11 04:08 AM
133 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD