So I finally upgraded to the Blackberry 9800. While I love the form factor, I find myself with mixed feelings. I come from the 9700 which is a great all around device. What really bugs me is the screen on the 9800. Letters look pretty bad and online browsing is abysmal. Its really laggy to which brings to a point that I really want to return it.

Has anyone gotten over this feeling? Lol

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-11 11:28 PM
    No, try upgrading to .337 and possibly installed BDHP v5. I have no lag and very quick browser
    01-05-11 11:31 PM
    make sure you battery pull after checking that the OS doesn't need updating (even if you don't do the .337, there some things in .246 that were updated on mine the day after i got it).

it is often laggy after that sort of update for me, and the 'reboot' that the desktop does as part of the loading, doesn't really seem to help.
    01-05-11 11:36 PM
    I have no Lag when browsing even with 5 pages open. The browsing experience is lightning fast and all my pages render beutifully. To me there is no comparison to an 9700 when talking about webbrowsing especially even if you were on a leaked O6.

01-05-11 11:50 PM
    Also, did you import everything from your old phone? It may have carried over certain visual settings that dont really work on the Torch.

01-05-11 11:50 PM
    I did the same switch over as yourself from 9700 to 9800 and it was the best upgrade I've done on any of my devices. I haven't experienced any lag with the browsing.
    01-05-11 11:58 PM
    I have no Lag when browsing even with 5 pages open. The browsing experience is lightning fast and all my pages render beutifully. To me there is no comparison to an 9700 when talking about webbrowsing especially even if you were on a leaked O6.

All pages render find its just that to me the colors look washed up or faded. I don't know if it is hardware related or normal.

01-06-11 12:23 AM
    Update: I went back to my trusty 9700. It feels as of the torch has a low res screen compared to the Bold 9700.

01-06-11 01:46 AM
    No lag here, very fast. I actually really love the screen on the 9800, but different strokes...

01-06-11 05:37 AM
    I also came from a 9700 and find the browser to be twice as fast on the 9800.
    01-06-11 06:21 AM
    All pages render find its just that to me the colors look washed up or faded. I don't know if it is hardware related or normal.

It's normal. The browser automatically compresses images as it passes through RIM's servers. This means that over 3G, pics viewed on the browser won't be as high quality as say the iPhone or Android (and definitely not desktop quality). The plus side is that the browser uses less data (great for those on a low-capped data plan), and using wifi will increase image quality.
    01-06-11 06:25 AM
    Update: I went back to my trusty 9700. It feels as of the torch has a low res screen compared to the Bold 9700.

I understand what you mean. Very unhappy with the screen resolution!

Other than that I love the 9800. Hopefully there will be an upgraded torch 2 with proper screen resolution.
    01-06-11 06:26 AM
    Duh! The screen res is the same, just physically larger.

01-06-11 07:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD