Hi I am new to the forum and was wondering if someone can help me or send me the right direction to find posts to solve my problem. My BB 9800 crashed with white screen JVM 545 error code and the phone is not backed up. Tried to link up with desk top manager with battery in and out but it won't recognize the phone. I am desperately trying to retrieve my notes and contacts off of the phone. I cannot take a chance of loosing the info. I will sacrifice the phone no question about it.
    Thanks
    07-26-11 02:16 PM
    I'm sorry to tell you, but you won't be able to recover your contacts or anything else with such an error.

Your phone is probably toast, too, but if you're lucky, you may be able to reload the OS:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry

But, again, contacts: gone.
    07-26-11 03:58 PM
    Thanks for the reply. Is there not any other way? Can the phone be taken apart and manually remove the hardware for downloading?
    07-26-11 05:56 PM
    The only luck you would have is to have saved your contacts and data on the mini sd card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-11 07:48 PM
    Thanks for the reply. Is there not any other way? Can the phone be taken apart and manually remove the hardware for downloading?
    I've never heard of anyone retrieving contacts data the way one would retrieve data from a nuked computer. If you are that desperate, you probably want to go right to the source, either by calling your carrier and persisting until they get someone from RIM on the call, or calling RIM directly via their pay technical support service.

BTW, I am assuming that you've done the obvious, i.e., a battery pull or two.
    07-27-11 06:21 AM
    Retrieving data at this point would be extremely difficult, reloading the OS too is not gonna be an easy task. I'd say if you can leave the data, which already is damaged, reload the OS
    07-27-11 06:25 AM
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I did contact RIM they basically said they are not interested in helping me. I live 3 hrs away from RIMS head office and I told them I would drive there and pay to have them retrieve the information....no Help from RIM...no wonder they are having problems.
    So I guess there is no way to take the phone apart and manually remove the memory chip and down load info off of it?

Thanks
    07-27-11 11:04 AM
    If someone from RIM is cruising this post and can help, I will pay you for your time.
    07-27-11 11:08 AM
    This just happened to me with my new 9810. I hope I could reload the OS. If not, this is going back to ATT.
    09-13-11 11:44 PM
    I'm also lucky that I backed the phone up yesterday. I'm really glad that I did that.
    09-13-11 11:46 PM
    I got it working again, but I really hope that doesn't happen again.
    09-14-11 01:06 AM
    Synchronise your contacts to an email address.

Well, If I were you, I'd do that when I first got my BlackBerry. (I did.)

Then, if my Blackberry's nuked, attempted to reload the OS...if all goes well, re-synchronise your contacts.

RIM cannot help with such a problem. Sorry dude.

09-14-11 06:47 PM
    Just realised this forum is old... *facepalms*

09-14-11 06:48 PM
    I had my contacts synchronized to my yahoo email which is why I didn't lose everything. At least I was prepared.
    09-17-11 02:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD