How exciting. lol I had a Blackberry 9700 and then I went to Android on Sprint (Samsung Epic) but I got annoyed with 4G disconnects and then I could barely connect to 3G and then battery life was soooooo bad so I gave up. lol Nice phone tho. I came back to Blackberry. I have the White Blackberry 9800. I love touch screens. hehe
    04-03-11 05:43 PM
    Welcome back to Blackberry, enjoy your new phone
    04-03-11 05:50 PM
    welcome Back! i went from 9700 to 9800. wasn't sure id' like the touchscreen, but it's pretty nice!
    Last edited by vecharo; 04-03-11 at 06:51 PM.
    04-03-11 06:03 PM
    Welcome to the Torch family. Enjoy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-11 06:16 PM
    welcome back ! trying different flavor make you chose whats best for you.

upgrade it ot latest leak (.526) and do the BBM 6 work around ! to fix the broadcast problem. and that's it

again welcome back
    04-03-11 06:18 PM
    why did you choose the torch over the 9700? I'm asking because im thinking of moving to the bold touch because of the keyboard, but not sure yet because of the screen size :P.

Would be nice to know why people chose one over the other to make my comparisons and make a final decision soon

Thanks in advance!
    04-03-11 06:36 PM
    I didn't choose one over the other. i LOVED my 9700. But...I also loved OS6. With OS 6 on the 9700, though it worked fine I hated, A) the memory leaks, and B) having to meter the apps I used. Too many apps meant too little memory so I needed to up the memory on the device. I too am waiting on the Dakota. The Torch is/was my "hold over" device but after using it for a while....heck I may be waiting on the Torch 2. I love the screen size and of course the memory that now runs free and plentiful!!!
    04-03-11 07:21 PM
    Hope you enjoy it!
    04-03-11 08:24 PM
    Welcome back. .526 is a good upgrade. No need to upgrade to those apps extracted from the leaked 6.1.0.44 OS. I'm sure a hybrid will be out shortly that will save you time effort and potential aggravation.....unless you're adventurous. Anyway, enjoy!
    04-04-11 06:42 AM
    For anyone in a bbm group, I would suggest upgrading to the leaked 6.0.0.56 is really nice. Absolutely 0 lag when opening a group conversation.
    04-04-11 07:15 AM
    For anyone in a bbm group, I would suggest upgrading to the leaked 6.0.0.56 is really nice. Absolutely 0 lag when opening a group conversation.
    I have it and groups. It's not bad. I had minimal lag on mine, but, it was there. I'll probably wipe and reload.

04-04-11 07:28 AM
    I have it and groups. It's not bad. I had minimal lag on mine, but, it was there. I'll probably wipe and reload.

Before with every other version of bbm when you opened a group, you would get the "retrieving messages". With this version you open a group chat and its right there. no waiting.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    04-04-11 07:31 AM
    welcome and enjoy!
    04-04-11 10:06 AM
    I would strongly advise against 6.0.0.56 BBM. True, there's less lag, but it's damn near impossible to save your spot either.

You want no lag? Here's how. Before you close the group chat, scroll up into it, then hit the end button. When you go back, the convo opens immediately, and exactly where you left it.

There's also the loss of groups in your message folder, if you like notifications sent there. Fancy Character's smileys not working in groups or individually chats. That tab isn't there to use. Couldn't send a picture from my camera, or the media folder to a contact, only from their chat. Had old messages popping up all the time too.

Now, will you have all these errors? Maybe not, but I'll bet you'll have enough of them to switch back. Especially if the only reason you loaded it, was for group chat.

Oh, and if you aren't experienced at file manipulation on your BlackBerry, I wouldn't even think about it.

My 2 cents, plus a silver dollars.

Edit - Dang it! Forgot to mention how much more of a resource hog it is. Among other things, it took forever to open any picture sent to me.
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 04-04-11 at 06:33 PM. Reason: old age
    Blacklatino likes this.
    04-04-11 05:43 PM
    Welcome to the WhiteBerry family

I'm in love with mine ( even though my by bf's Android is one sexy machine!)

I came from a 9700 too
    04-05-11 12:44 AM
    LOL My post got one star.
    04-05-11 08:43 AM
    I would strongly advise against 6.0.0.56 BBM. True, there's less lag, but it's damn near impossible to save your spot either.

You want no lag? Here's how. Before you close the group chat, scroll up into it, then hit the end button. When you go back, the convo opens immediately, and exactly where you left it.

There's also the loss of groups in your message folder, if you like notifications sent there. Fancy Character's smileys not working in groups or individually chats. That tab isn't there to use. Couldn't send a picture from my camera, or the media folder to a contact, only from their chat. Had old messages popping up all the time too.

Now, will you have all these errors? Maybe not, but I'll bet you'll have enough of them to switch back. Especially if the only reason you loaded it, was for group chat.

Oh, and if you aren't experienced at file manipulation on your BlackBerry, I wouldn't even think about it.

My 2 cents, plus a silver dollars.

Edit - Dang it! Forgot to mention how much more of a resource hog it is. Among other things, it took forever to open any picture sent to me.
    Those of you tht are not having issues- great. I update all the time. But, I definitely would not want someone to attempt this just to initiate unwarranted issues on their BB. Dropped it like it was hot after an extra day.........last night.
    04-05-11 09:01 AM
    [color=#000066]Took a while (old age and all), but I remember you now. I'll kick them stars up a notch

Welcome back! /color]
    04-05-11 01:07 PM
    Last time I checked "earlier" it was up to 3.

04-05-11 01:16 PM
    [color=#000066]Took a while (old age and all), but I remember you now. I'll kick them stars up a notch

Welcome back! /color]
    Thanks you!
    04-05-11 02:26 PM
    welcome to the Torch family! I upgraded from a 9700 that I thought was a decent phone, but not compared to the Torch! Enjoy!
    04-05-11 03:12 PM
    How exciting. lol I had a Blackberry 9700 and then I went to Android on Sprint (Samsung Epic) but I got annoyed with 4G disconnects and then I could barely connect to 3G and then battery life was soooooo bad so I gave up. lol Nice phone tho. I came back to Blackberry. I have the White Blackberry 9800. I love touch screens. hehe
    Welcome to the Torch family! Yes, the touch screen is addictive, but if you're like me, you need the keyboard for typing long stuff, too. Torch has it all. If you're comfortable with updating the OS, as others have said, the latest .526 is very nice and solid. If you like it now, go to the newest OS and start loving it.

why did you choose the torch over the 9700? I'm asking because im thinking of moving to the bold touch because of the keyboard, but not sure yet because of the screen size :P.

Would be nice to know why people chose one over the other to make my comparisons and make a final decision soon

Thanks in advance!
    I'm torn over this one myself. I came from the 9000 and debated long and hard over whether to stick with the candybar or try something new. I wanted a better browser than OS5 and a bigger screen than the Bold, but I have to have a keyboard, so Torch won. And I've loved it.

But now they have these new models coming out which I'm very much looking forward to; right now I'm leaning toward the Bold Touch because of that keyboard w/ touch screen, but at the same time I'd hate to give up any of the other bennies of the Torch. What would cement it for me is if they made the Torch a sideways slider, but that's not looking too likely. That decision is definitely going to need many visits to the toy...uhh, phone store.

Now it's 4!
    04-05-11 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD