I love the Torch, and have no desire to switch phones. I purchased mine the day they were released, so I had it for about 3 weeks. Today I swapped it out for another Torch, because of build quality. From day one the screen felt pretty solid, with a very minimal amount of up and down movement and none at all side to side. I thought I was fortunate, but it gradually got worse. The next problem to come up over the last week or so, part of the lower bezel had come loose and it had begun to make a "creaking" sound when I used the bottom half of the touch screen. It was very annoying when using the phone in a quiet area and just made it feel "cheap". I am hoping that these issues are isolated to the first few manufacturing runs. I guess we will see. The one I have now feels MUCH tighter, but then again so did my first one on day one. There is still a very very minimal amount of up and down movement of the screen when it is closed, but absolutely none when it is open. It is acceptable and I can live with it as long as it stays reasonably tight.

Has anyone else noticed a decline in the build quality after a few weeks of use? I realize they will all loosen up over time but there is a night and day difference between my "old" one and my "new" one and of course I can't remember just how tight my original one was on day one.
    09-07-10 09:12 PM
    Same story with my first torch. So far number 2 is OK. Good luck. The 9800 is a great unit but I'm hoping it holds up over the long haul.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-10 11:18 PM
    Same with me, I bought first day out and swapped it today. My problem was always the internet and emails, thought it did feel a bit wobbly as well. This new one feels soild, but first day as you said.
    09-07-10 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD