Is it just me or do folks on this site spend a whole lot of time complaining about trivial stuff?

Folks, they are cell phones. The help us communicate. They bring the information on the web to our fingertips. They help us record special times in our lives by taking pictures. Long story short, they do a number of things and typically they do them well.

All of this complaining about "too much play in the slider". The white part of the screen has a yellow tint. There is some lag in the brower. On and on and on..........and on. Please people, get over it. Quit spending your valuable time reading all these stupid threads and imagining problems with your phones.

I have a Blackberry Tour. I did some research on the Tour prior to purchasing it. You would have thought that it was a total piece of junk if you read most any of these threads. However, I went ahead and purchased it based on the fact that it was the "Top of the Line" at that time. You know what, I love it. I have had it for almost a year, no problems WHAT SO EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Folks, look at the big picture. Our country, our world is going to crap. People are unemployed, not able to feed or support their families. Many of our fellow Americans are loosing their homes. The world is sinking into terrorism and war. And, all some folks can do is spend hours harping on their Blackberry Torch slider mechanism. For God sakes, get a life. Spend one quarter or one half the amount of time you spend on this site, voulunteering for the poor, homeless or efforts to help and support our troops and their families. Maybe you could make a real difference.............
    08-24-10 06:54 PM
    Best thing about the USA!!!!!! We can go to WAR and COMPLAIN about it! But no in all serious I donate all the time to united way and support the troops whenever I can.

But that doesn't mean I can't decide what I would like to expect when I buy a new device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-10 06:59 PM
    I have stopped even looking at those my phone is great yours sucks threads. Buy it or don't buy it, like it or don't like it. I say the Torch is a great device for me! If I read another thread about screens and processors I am gonna puke.
    08-24-10 07:02 PM
    Is it just me or do folks on this site spend a whole lot of time complaining about trivial stuff?

Folks, they are cell phones. The help us communicate. They bring the information on the web to our fingertips. They help us record special times in our lives by taking pictures. Long story short, they do a number of things and typically they do them well.

All of this complaining about "too much play in the slider". The white part of the screen has a yellow tint. There is some lag in the brower. On and on and on..........and on. Please people, get over it. Quit spending your valuable time reading all these stupid threads and imagining problems with your phones.

I have a Blackberry Tour. I did some research on the Tour prior to purchasing it. You would have thought that it was a total piece of junk if you read most any of these threads. However, I went ahead and purchased it based on the fact that it was the "Top of the Line" at that time. You know what, I love it. I have had it for almost a year, no problems WHAT SO EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Folks, look at the big picture. Our country, our world is going to crap. People are unemployed, not able to feed or support their families. Many of our fellow Americans are loosing their homes. The world is sinking into terrorism and war. And, all some folks can do is spend hours harping on their Blackberry Torch slider mechanism. For God sakes, get a life. Spend one quarter or one half the amount of time you spend on this site, voulunteering for the poor, homeless or efforts to help and support our troops and their families. Maybe you could make a real difference.............
    On defending myself, i love this phone and wanted to keep it. I returned this phone 3 times because of hardware/software errors. I hate being on contracts but forced myself to get the torch, now my think is if i'm going to be on contract for two years with a phone it better work for me, and i don't mean fall apart the first month of use. My only complaint is the way they made the button area, its no way they should have engineered it that way i even tried to glue it myself just so i can keep the phone, but i'm sorry even though OS 6 is amazing they should have went with a different design
    08-24-10 07:12 PM
    These threads always pop up for new devices then fade and people move on to the ext new device to bash. I'm going to admit I gave my opinions and hopes for the future of devices, but the torch works BETTER than my last phone and that is all that really should matter to me.

08-24-10 07:14 PM
    These threads always pop up for new devices then fade and people move on to the ext new device to bash. I'm going to admit I gave my opinions and hopes for the future of devices, but the torch works BETTER than my last phone and that is all that really should matter to me.

I agree with you on the not called for bashing threads, but for me its no way i should be on my fourth torch, i mean come on. Some people have better luck then others i understand but i seriously don't enjoy going in the store, i can tell the reps know why and give me this look like im insane.
    08-24-10 07:16 PM
    My cousin says he doesnt like the torch because of how you access the "." Thats the period dot. I thought about it a while and said are you f****n kidding me. I had do quit talking to him, because I am at a loss for words about peoples pet peeves. I have seen people type so fast on blackberries that they got speeding tickets
    08-24-10 07:26 PM
    Wow! what a first post... Maybe you joined the wrong site?

You made some good points, but this isn't a forum on learning life's lessons. It's called CrackBerry for a reason. We talk about cell phones, the good, the bad, the ugly, and what pisses us off. Most people here are tech geeks, we love critiquing new phones and other gadgets. Without people complaining and having problems with their cell phones this site wouldn't exist.

So if you have an issue with any of this then you might have joined the wrong site. This is a place where we all go to get away from all of life's problems and talk cell phones.
    08-24-10 07:26 PM
    Well I agree on knowing your getting a phone that should work as provided to last the contract. I'd be pretty pissed off if I bought a tv and it started to have problems with the buttons or the screen flickered only a few months after. I had the bottom button issue on my first phone and got a second one only 4 hours later. They didn't glue down the far left corner or something and it was sticking up especially if I bbkey then I could see inside. I didn't want the problem to get worse over time and I'd end up losing that strip. I guess I'm lucky that it only took one return to get my perfect device.if you have to go back ask them if you can review the device before you walk out so you won't have to be back again lol. Or tell them you spend enough time in the store and to give you a job haha

08-24-10 07:28 PM
    Well if I was on my 4th Torch I would not get another one. I am on my first and it's great. After 3 I would take it as a sign. Once again it's either going to work for you or it's not. Not complaining about rant threads, they are just getting very repetitive.
    08-24-10 07:30 PM
    As a former Airman, a father/husband, a fulltime college student, and a complete gadet freak I am right there with the OP. There are bigger problems in the world than a phone having some small issues. Don't get me worg if you buy something it should work the way it is advertised but at the end of the day it is still a phone. If most that have spent countless amount of time putting donw the torch gave that time to people in need the world could be a lot better.

08-24-10 07:31 PM
    My cousin says he doesnt like the torch because of how you access the "." Thats the period dot. I thought about it a while and said are you f****n kidding me. I had do quit talking to him, because I am at a loss for words about peoples pet peeves. I have seen people type so fast on blackberries that they got speeding tickets
    Hey I ocd about wierd things! I have to have the volume on my tv on an even number or a number divisible by 5. It is pretty dumb but really upsets me if it is on like 11 or something. My point being.... The period key bothers me only because when I'm on the virtual keyboard with numbers up there is no flipping period. However it doesn't bother me as much as odd numbers not divisible by 5 so I love my bb! Score one for OCD

08-24-10 07:32 PM

I agree completely! While it's important to talk about issues with phones... all this trivial crap is really stupid.
    08-24-10 07:42 PM
    Yeaaaa man beautifully said. Now lets hope they listen...we can always hope.
    08-24-10 07:46 PM
    This is a cell phone forum, people complain about stuff in them. Its always been that way and it will always be that way.
    08-24-10 07:54 PM
    I'm not sure how productive it is to gripe on a forum. But you betcha I'd be taking a phone back to the store and griping if it wasn't in pristine working condition in and out. I don't think anyone should pay money for an almost quality piece of equipment.

If the phone is loose, has a weird tint, buttons falling off, etc I'm taking it back. I've said it before...it doesn't matter what it is, if I'm spending money on it it needs to be 100%.

While not quite the same but can you imagine spending a bunch of money on a TV that has a slight yellow tint to it? A car where the springs squeek, etc

Why would anyone settle for less?
    08-24-10 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD