so i just upgraded to a torch thru ATT. my first question is how to get all of my contacts off of my old SIM card and onto my new card? my old phone is a curve 8310.
    Last edited by newberryowner; 10-23-10 at 03:49 PM.
    10-23-10 03:45 PM
    Did you create a backup file from your old Curve and transfer them to your Torch? You have to use the desktop software for that. If your old phone was linked to a gmail account, you can also use google sync (which is now native in the new version of BIS).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-10 04:54 PM
    Copy the old contact onto the Torch and insert the new one and copy them from the phone to the new one. Once this is done, if you already have Desktop Manager 6.0, backup your Torch. Download and install OS .246 and update your Torch. The OS suggestion is meant to be as you are already in DM. Once you install the latest official OS, your experience will be better than some early adopters who were on OS .141
    10-23-10 05:14 PM
    Did you create a backup file from your old Curve and transfer them to your Torch? You have to use the desktop software for that. If your old phone was linked to a gmail account, you can also use google sync (which is now native in the new version of BIS).

no i did not. i have never used the desktop software before. do i use the new software that came with the torch or the software that came with the curve?
    10-23-10 06:38 PM
    no i did not. i have never used the desktop software before. do i use the new software that came with the torch or the software that came with the curve?
    Use the newest software. You can also just download it from Cell Phones, Smartphones & Mobile Phones from BlackBerry.com. Simply put, the contacts are not stored on the SIM card, so you'll have to transfer them through other means.
    10-23-10 06:41 PM
    Just got one too and I love it I was kinda dumb not to back up my contacts
    Cuz then I droped it down the steps and it was over with that one and I got this
    And I really can't put this thing down it may not stand up to the droids and apple phone as well as I like but its still a nice phone
    10-23-10 06:48 PM
    Yeah, many folks agree the droids and Apple blow away the Torch. But its good for unsophisticated folks in Red states.

10-24-10 03:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD