Yep, I got Torched too at BB after waiting 2 months! Initially was planning to get a unlocked one to continue on my cheapo carrier but Telus was offering the Torch for $99 and there was a $150 BB gift card. Rogers was playing hardball, raising their price after Xmas so screw em but would have luv to get the Red one! Sucks to be tied down for 3 years though
    01-02-11 10:45 PM
    I currently work for Best Buy Mobile in Vancouver, Canada. The protection is $12.99 for a phone equal to or greater than $600 in value and it DOES NOT cover water or physical damage, good thing is it covers the battery and I swapped my Torch battery already and had no issues so far... its worth it depending on how you look at things
    01-03-11 01:12 AM
    Does anyone know what the black dot is for beside the indicator light on the white torch?
    01-04-11 12:40 PM
    Does anyone know what the black dot is for beside the indicator light on the white torch?
    thats the sensor
    01-04-11 01:00 PM
    for all you white torch users... what type of headphones come with the device.. my fiance has a white one and the headphones that it came with are much different than mine that came with the gray torch... hers are similar to the bold's.... wondering if rim is shipping different ones out now or do the white ones come different regardless of when you get the device..
    01-04-11 01:25 PM
    sensor for what?
    01-04-11 01:31 PM
    sensor for what?
    for the screen to turn off...
    01-04-11 01:35 PM
    Proximity sensor.

It shuts the touch screen off when held to your ear. otherwise your face would cause you to hang up, mute, add recipients, and anything else on the call screen when held to your ear.
    cklein and Normamargot like this.
    01-04-11 01:44 PM
    Proximity sensor.

It shuts the touch screen off when held to your ear. otherwise your face would cause you to hang up, mute, add recipients, and anything else on the call screen when held to your ear.
    Perfect, thanks!

I never noticed that on the black torch so I wasn't sure
    01-04-11 02:18 PM
    Complete Answer: That's the proximity as well as ambient light sensor, The Proximity sensor comes on when you place a call and determines if the phone is to your face (if it is, it disables the touch screen.) and ambient light for the purpose of adjusting the backlight brightness to lighting conditions around you for better battery life.
    01-04-11 07:25 PM
    I'm actually pretty jealous. I love white Blackberrys!! I wanted my Bold in white, would do almost anything to have it in white. Just a little worried about it looking dingy after a while. Anyway ENJOY!!
    01-04-11 08:14 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD