Hey crackberry what's goin on!! so today my phone contract was up...so I went to best buy mobile because they were having the holidy smartphone sale and I went to check out the phones & there was the blackberry torch I saw it was free so I picked it up and as soon as I touched it the sales people were all excited to sell me the phone!!! I sat down with them and they gave me the strongest screen protector (zagg) and its sooo nice...they didn't have the red or black so I got the white one!! Its really sexy and I loooove it. They key board looks boldish (I came from the 9000) but feels like a curve. It works sooo well. The trackpad is smooth and I love it. Not sure why people hate it but I love it so much!!!
    -Nick

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-10 08:36 PM
    Hey Nick, welcome to the 9800 club. Quite a device!
    12-30-10 08:39 PM
    Congratulations! I would want the white myself. I wouldn't say people hate it. There are people who do, but many people on here covet their device.

How is the browsing experience so far?

12-30-10 08:39 PM
    i like my white torch as well (rogers) and the keyboard i find works better than my 9700 or 9780. the only gripe is the actual buttons..call, bb, back and hangup..one side is higher than the other and shows a gap with some light hitting the screen. didn't notice that till a couple of days later.
    12-30-10 08:49 PM
    Congrats on your Torch! It's always good to have a sexy phone.
    12-30-10 08:50 PM
    Lol my phone doesn't have any of those problems that u said davwall....its perfectly aligned

12-30-10 10:01 PM
    Hey crackberry what's goin on!! so today my phone contract was up...so I went to best buy mobile because they were having the holidy smartphone sale and I went to check out the phones & there was the blackberry torch I saw it was free so I picked it up and as soon as I touched it the sales people were all excited to sell me the phone!!! I sat down with them and they gave me the strongest screen protector (zagg) and its sooo nice...they didn't have the red or black so I got the white one!! Its really sexy and I loooove it. They key board looks boldish (I came from the 9000) but feels like a curve. It works sooo well. The trackpad is smooth and I love it. Not sure why people hate it but I love it so much!!!
    -Nick

I got the same Deal as well at Bestbuy Mobile except I also got a free case and a $150 gift card (came with all BBs on a 3 year contract I think only in Canada). Bestbuy ftw!! . Anyways Congrats on the new Torch, enjoy it

12-30-10 10:19 PM
    Congrats on your new Torch
    12-30-10 10:22 PM
    That's great luqman24 that's a lot of money! Best Buy takes good care of u! I also got the best buy protection plan for $10 a month so any type of damage what so ever including water damage and screen shatters I get a new one free of charge no questions asked

12-30-10 10:33 PM
    I like the white one too! but they don't have it yet when i got my torch. but anyway congratulation and welcome to the 9800 family.
    12-30-10 10:53 PM
    That's great luqman24 that's a lot of money! Best Buy takes good care of u! I also got the best buy protection plan for $10 a month so any type of damage what so ever including water damage and screen shatters I get a new one free of charge no questions asked

Yeah same here except its $12.99 a month for me but they told me water damage and screen shatters aren't covered. I don't know why they told me this and the price is higher than yours ? :s

12-30-10 11:04 PM
    Welcome you will love it

12-31-10 01:01 AM
    Yeah same here except its $12.99 a month for me but they told me water damage and screen shatters aren't covered. I don't know why they told me this and the price is higher than yours ? :s

Because we always get screwed in Canada.
    12-31-10 01:15 AM
    I just got this phone today and its amazing. I came from the bold family (9000 then 9700) and aslong as the battery life is fine ill love it to death

12-31-10 01:29 AM
    Because we always get screwed in Canada.
    Very true . Not to mention contracts in Canada are 3 years and 2 years in the States. We get the Torch for $150-$230 while its less than $100 in the States. And even worse is that RIM is a Canadian company yet we get penalized with the higher pricing. Sad isn't it

Last edited by luqman24; 12-31-10 at 01:53 AM.
    12-31-10 01:50 AM
    Love my white 9800!
    12-31-10 01:54 AM
    Don't feel too badly, Canadians... we go up there for better/cheaper healthcare.
    12-31-10 05:50 AM
    Congrats! I just got my White Torch last week as well and I'm loving it!
    12-31-10 07:55 AM
    Wow that's no fun....having a phone for 3 years can get to be obnoxious lol by then they're falling apart .... (At least when I use them hahah!) I was iffy about white but its turning heads wherever I go! I guess some people don't know they made a white one !!!

12-31-10 09:10 AM
    i hav a question... im running .246 and when i recieve a text sometimes when i open up the chat it brings me to a random message that wasnt the newest one..i hav to scroll all the way down to the last message. my bold never did this. would upgrading to .377 fix this?? its annoying lol
    01-02-11 09:06 PM
    I just picked up a white one today after returning the first one back in september. So far I'm pleased with the lag improvement. However it looks like the paint chips off super easy. I'm gonna have to research cases bc the top right and left edge of the screen are scratched!

01-02-11 09:59 PM
    i hav a question... im running .246 and when i recieve a text sometimes when i open up the chat it brings me to a random message that wasnt the newest one..i hav to scroll all the way down to the last message. my bold never did this. would upgrading to .377 fix this?? its annoying lol
    Sadly I'm running .337 and no, it still does this, I've found the easiest workaround is to simply close out chats once it becomes frequent enough to **** you off (it usually happens after 2-3 days of back chats have accumulated.) this is the one thing I'm hoping is fixed in the next OS.
    01-02-11 10:25 PM
    When you open text message you can just type T and that will take you to the top.
    01-02-11 10:31 PM
    When you open text message you can just type T and that will take you to the top.
    Sort of. When this happens at least in my experience, Your cursor is already in the text reply box, so you have to change your grip to move up to the trackpad or touchscreen again, and then tap/scroll out of the box, hit B to get to the latest message, and then tap/scroll back into the reply box.

It's a solution, Just not an ideal one, then again, neither is deleting SMS history either.
    01-02-11 10:36 PM
    good purchase even though it was free..... sure do miss that thing!
    01-02-11 10:41 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD