I just bought the torch the phone is great. I came out of a 8530 and what can i say i love it. I have a few questions that i try looking for but i can't find it. I have 6.0.0.246 Whats this 337 is it any different. Also on my 8530 i had insert fancy characters how do i put it on my torch Thanks
    01-04-11 03:31 PM
    .337 is a lot less bugged up some minor issues here and there are fixed. If you switch to .337 I would recommend possibly looking at hybrids. It shows results such as faster browsing and also better battery life.

Not sure about the fancy characters as i have never used them
    Xtronwest likes this.
    01-04-11 03:34 PM
    Ok cool thanks for the quick reply
    01-04-11 03:36 PM
    Good to hear you're enjoying your torch... I'm running .337.....it works like a charm for me...try it out
    01-04-11 03:52 PM
    You can get the fancy characters app in BB AppWorld.
    01-04-11 03:54 PM
    Fancy Characters s also in the CrackBerry App Store. If you purchased it there, Log in, it should present an option to change your PIN. Once they change it, you csn go back and download and previously purchased apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-11 04:01 PM
    Welcome to the 9800 Club! I love my Torch too! I have .337 and have no issues. Hope you enjoy your new device!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-11 06:05 PM
    Thanks everyone.. The thing is that i have insert fancy but i guess i can't install it to my 9800 i will just get it from crackberry site. Im gonna get 337 right now anyone knows how to do the instill with the desk top manager?
    01-04-11 07:36 PM
    Nevermind i got it
    01-04-11 07:56 PM
    Not, a Torch user! But enjoy your Torch and take care of it... Nothing like bringing home a new born is it?!! lol
    Xtronwest likes this.
    01-04-11 08:12 PM
    Thanks Rizzleman
    01-04-11 08:21 PM
    Howdy! I'm new to the threads but I've got a question. I noticed that some are running 6.0.0.246 on their Torch and others are running 337, where do you download this upgrade and how do you install it? I've been using the Curve 8520, loved it and decided it was time to go all the way up to the Torch and so far I really love it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    01-04-11 08:30 PM
    Hmm i'm having a problem after the update the phone restarted and now when the phone is loading the loading bar stop moving i say about 70 % when it loads anyone had this problem?
    01-04-11 08:47 PM
    Howdy! I'm new to the threads but I've got a question. I noticed that some are running 6.0.0.246 on their Torch and others are running 337, where do you download this upgrade and how do you install it? I've been using the Curve 8520, loved it and decided it was time to go all the way up to the Torch and so far I really love it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    I got it from here

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/la...-337-a-548569/

And when u done with that follow this from jeffreii

Originally Posted by jeffreii
    Plug in your phone and use Desktop Manager 6.0 (DM) to make a backup of your device. Also make sure your BBM backup settings are enabled - registered email for remote backup and do a local backup too just in case - look in BBM options.

Close DM and:

Uninstall any OLD BlackBerry OS versions from your computer if you have them. You can find your installed programs in Windows by going to control panel/programs and features. You're looking for "BlackBerry Device Software".

Install .337 to your computer. This means you double click on the OS.exe file that you downloaded and let Windows install it.

C:\program files(86)\common files\research in motion\apploader\

From there delete vendor.xml, if it's there, then run loader.exe

Follow the instructions - make sure you look closely at the list of items that have or do not have check marks next to them so you install what you want and don't install what you don't want.

When the popup asks if it should make a backup of your device and restore your 3rd party apps, it should be selected to do it. Do not change it.

Wait about 15-20 minutes for the process to complete and your phone to reboot completely before disconnecting.

Enjoy and let us know how it went. Always remember it takes several battery pulls while you're getting your phone running again before the OS becomes stable. If it seems slow at first just give it some time to do it's thing and when it seems to have caught up, do another battery pull.

Good luck and feel free to PM me if you have any trouble!
    Bob31464 likes this.
    01-04-11 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD