Hey guys, i've just got my torch, and oh my, i am in LOVE! what a fantastic phone...

I recently went from a 9700 to a HTC Desire HD, had a play wbout with Android it is VERY good, but just hasn't got the funtionality of the BB OS which i LOVE! i don't think i'll be parting with this for a long time!!

REcommend any good apps etc for me to start out with? and whats the best firmware to install right now? bug free?

I've got Berrybuzz, that's my first app lol

Anything else?

Thanks

P.S can you create custom themes now with Blackberry theme studio 6 beta? (been in beta for sometime now????)
    Last edited by sirdiggar; 02-16-11 at 05:18 AM.
    02-16-11 05:15 AM
    REcommend any good apps etc for me to start out with? and whats the best firmware to install right now? bug free?
    you can check the sticky in the top of the Torch forum for the most recent OS release and check the leaked OS forum for the latest leak. the best OS i would say is .448, there are many threads regarding it, search around.

as for apps, browse the apps forum or check app world for the most popular apps both paid and free. or at least give us an idea what you are looking for so we can recommend some to you.
    02-16-11 05:21 AM
    Thanks for the reply, i am currently on v6.0.0.246.

So i will be updating to 448 then

I'll have a look round on the market and forum, thanks.
    02-16-11 05:24 AM
    Congrats! Enjoy your phone!

Aside from BerryBuzz, I don't do without MeterBerry, Poynt, GoogleMaps, Weatherbug, usual social apps, a few banking apps, Capture It!, Google Mobile, and of course, CB launcher...
    02-16-11 05:26 AM
    Thanks for the reply, i am currently on v6.0.0.246.

So i will be updating to 448 then

I'll have a look round on the market and forum, thanks.
    dont forget to update your user profile so when you post answers or questions, people can see what network, phone and OS you are using. it makes diagnosis alot easier.
    02-16-11 05:28 AM
    .448 is your best bet. you can check the Hybrids section to see if a hybrid is for you. Some apps I recommend are 6Tools, QuickLaunch, Any weather app, Poynt. MeterBerry. Thats all I can think of for now. Goodluck and I'm glad you love your torch as much as I do. As for creating themes, yes it's possible. But with bugs present in the themes. Some themers have found workarounds but bugs are still present in all Os6 Themes.
    02-16-11 05:40 AM
    Thanks for the replies guys, i'll check that stuff out
    02-16-11 07:28 AM
    Seriously we now need 7 different posts for 7 different apps? Nice way to pad your post count ML. Your still a loser and the forums would be better off without you here. Going to have your "girlfriend" thank all those useless posts now too?
    Last edited by homer1475; 02-16-11 at 07:40 AM.
    02-16-11 07:36 AM
    Thanks for the info for the apps.

homer1475, bit harsh? thought he was only helping out...
    02-16-11 08:03 AM
    Most don't need Google Sync anymore. Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) gives you the option to sync your gmail.com account including Contacts, Calendar and Deleted Items; straight to your device without the need for this app.
    02-16-11 10:14 AM
    Welcome sirdiggar! Congrats on your new Torch and I hope you love it as much as I love mine. It really is a wonderful phone.

I think all the main apps I have are already listed. But use the search function at the top of the forum and look at the bb app forum to help get more ideas and to keep up on apps that will pop up on the radar.

On a side note - homer1475 is a very nice and helpful guy. He is very knowledgeable and I've learned a lot from his posts. What may seem 'a bit harsh' in his post here has more of a back story on this site with ML. Not just this thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-11 10:15 AM
    Seriously we now need 7 different posts for 7 different apps? Nice way to pad your post count ML. Your still a loser and the forums would be better off without you here. Going to have your "girlfriend" thank all those useless posts now too?
    Rather than posting your smart comments which do nothing good to anyone but lower your image. Why not either appreciate his hard work or shut up?

Just a thought...
    Last edited by Ancestor; 02-16-11 at 10:23 AM.
    02-16-11 10:20 AM
    Unless you been around here for a while and know ML's history, you wouldn't say I was being harsh but rather being very nice to him, and stating fact for things he's done in the past.

The fact all those posts are removed(mod or himself, not sure) should prove my point.
    02-17-11 06:48 AM
    Unless you been around here for a while and know ML's history, you wouldn't say I was being harsh but rather being very nice to him, and stating fact for things he's done in the past.

The fact all those posts are removed(mod or himself, not sure) should prove my point.
    Homer,

I know you mean well and your are not the only one who is annoyed buy most of his posts. But you let it get under your skin and he wins...so to speak.
    I cant tell you how many times I have started typing responses that I end up deleting. Once in a while I give a little right jab but nothing extensive.
    Ignore him and continue to help people here as you always have.

Cheers
    02-17-11 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD