As I posted before I had left the BB for an iPhone a few years ago, then just a few weeks ago I came back to BB with the Torch. Although I love BB and the options it gives I just didnt like the Torch after a few weeks. It felt a little wobbly and loose when using it with the slider closed... So I decided yesterday since I was still within my 30 days I'd go back in and exchange it for a Bold 9700. While in the store I was playing with a 9700 and just didnt like the feel of it. It was to light and a little to small for me. So, I was about to leave and just stick with the Torch when I overheard a sales guy tell someone that "Yes, they did have the iPhone 4 in stock"...well, you know the rest. I left with a new iPhone 4. So, again I jumped ship back to the Apple. So far I really am liking it. I truly wish I could have an iPhone with a BB platform.....maybe someday....
    08-28-10 12:44 PM
    Glad you found something that works for you! In the end, that's all that really matters right??
    08-28-10 12:53 PM
    I truly wish I could have an iPhone with a BB platform.....maybe someday....
    You can. It's called a Droid.
    08-28-10 12:57 PM
    Ha ummmm no? Not saying droids are bad but its not a BB platform?
    08-28-10 01:01 PM
    Lol.. How do you figure??
    08-28-10 01:02 PM

Do you even own a BlackBerry? Lmao.
    08-28-10 02:16 PM
    LOL These threads crack me up. Why do some people think their phone is the obvious choice for everyone else? I am loving my 9800 btw
    08-28-10 02:19 PM
    Unfortunately you went from the heavy Torch to one of RIM's lightest devices in the 9700. The iPhone is an amazing, state of the art device. I just loathe touch screens. Enjoy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-10 02:21 PM
    I jumped ship back to the Apple.
    So??

09-03-10 11:27 PM
    iPhone has a battery that droids seem to lack, Same with Blackberry.
    Droids seem to lack a good interface as well. Lacking keyboard shortcuts and an actual good keyboard.

So... How's it a droid again?

09-04-10 12:08 AM
    As long as it works for you, Enjoy the new Iphone.
    09-04-10 01:47 AM
    #1 Reason I will not go to an Iphone....

I was in the store buying somethings for my torch when this kid walked in and bought an Iphone4. They set it up for him and the kid was really thrilled, walked out to his his and five minutes later he was back in the store. He said he went to make a phone call but his screen would not turn on. An associate messed with it and messed with it and could not get the screen to turn on as well. The kid than asked if they could trade it in and the associate said it was impossible. Apple was the only one where you had to ship the phone out (we do not have an apple store) to have them replace the screen. To my knowledge Apple is the only one doing this but that is the main reason I will not switch to Apple!
    09-04-10 05:58 AM

I was in the store buying somethings for my torch when this kid walked in and bought an Iphone4. They set it up for him and the kid was really thrilled, walked out to his his and five minutes later he was back in the store. He said he went to make a phone call but his screen would not turn on. An associate messed with it and messed with it and could not get the screen to turn on as well. The kid than asked if they could trade it in and the associate said it was impossible. Apple was the only one where you had to ship the phone out (we do not have an apple store) to have them replace the screen. To my knowledge Apple is the only one doing this but that is the main reason I will not switch to Apple!
    2 more reasons. lack of a physical keyboard and a non removable battery.
    09-04-10 06:14 AM
    Just want to check if it's gonna be more acceptable if we were talking about a car... in a car forum..

Posted at Toyotanation.com or Toyotaowners.com

Jumped Ship.....

As I posted before I had left the Toyota Camry for a Honda Accord a few years ago, then just a few weeks ago I came back to Toyota. Although I love Toyota and the options it gives I just didnt like the new Camry after a few weeks. It felt a little roomy and quiet... So I decided yesterday since I was still within my 30 days I'd go back in and exchange it for a Toyota Avalon. While in the store I was playing with an Avalon and just didnt like the feel of it. It was too large and a little to heavy for me. So, I was about to leave and just stick with the Camry when I overheard a sales guy tell someone that "Yes, they did have the Accord in stock"...well, you know the rest. I left with a new Accord. So, again I jumped ship back to the Honda. So far I really am liking it. I truly wish I could have an Accord with the Quiet and Comfort of a Camry....maybe someday....

naaaah.. still the same.
    09-04-10 08:28 AM

To be fair this is true for repairs but not a defective phone. They should have exchanged it for him within his first 30 days. However, after about a year when your battery has degraded you'll be shipping it off to apple for a $75 battery replacemen instead of popping one in yourself.

09-04-10 08:31 AM
    That's good, man. The iPhone is a good device and it WORKS FOR YOU.
    Just depends what you need a phone to do.
    Thanks for throwing out your thoughts w/out bagging on the Torch.
    I just how BB Nation respects your thoughts and doesn't pile on.
    09-04-10 08:33 AM
    You pick what works for you. Period. If it's an iPhone, then by all means get the iPhone. If it's an Android device, have a go at it.

Enjoy your iPhone!!!
    09-04-10 08:43 AM
    I understand the op's thoughts. I just gave up my 9700 for an iPhone. For various reasons. Mainly the ability to have a a better selection of fantasy football apps. I still have the 9700 and may not sell it, due to my inerest in the new web kit browser. I just don't trust AT&T to release it anytime soon.

I have been a hard rim supporter and after playing with the 9800, I just couldn't in good faith purchase it over the iPhone.
    Last edited by sallenthornton; 09-04-10 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Correction
    09-04-10 01:01 PM

I guartan -damn-tee ya I would have had a new device.
    09-04-10 02:19 PM
    It's okay we're not mad at you. Whatever makes you happy
    09-04-10 02:35 PM
    I'm curious to see were the 9800 goes after a few os updates. I expect for many of the issues to be corrected. I'm don't understand the wide range of issues some experience, but others do not.
    09-04-10 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD