Voice universal search is supposedly getting added to the OS soon anyways.
    10-07-10 08:48 PM
    I have the same problem with my bold. I installed the program last night. And today I have noticed a drastic change in battery life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-10 10:51 PM
    Here is a response from Vlingo after I reported it:

Hello

Thank you for contacting Vlingo Customer Support.

Our testing hasn't shown any significant difference in battery drain simply by installing Vlingo and having it run in the background. Each time you use Vlingo, it does of course take battery power to record and transmit the audio. As with any other application or function on your phone, the more you use it, the more benefit you get from it and the more power it will use.

Best regards,

Since removing Vlingo, MeterBerry shows battery consumption at 1.8% this pm, compared to close to 4% with Vlingo (note that this was overnight without using Vlingo. It was just running in background).
    That's their stock reply to queries about battery drain on non 6.0 devices (indeed, it's pretty much identical to what they have written in their troubleshooting FAQ, which predates the Torch). They know they have a big problem with 6.0, so whatever person in support sent you this particular canned response either didn't care or didn't pay close enough attention to what you wrote.
    10-07-10 11:33 PM
    If Vlingo can’t fix their batter drain problem do you think it’s possible they could change the app so it could be turned on and off? If I were able to shut Vlingo down when I needed to save battery life, and have it run when I wanted to use it, that would work for me.
    10-11-10 08:12 AM
    This news breaks my heart, as that is the app that makes my life the easiest, but i too have terrible battery life with it. NICE FIND GUYS.
    rustmonkey likes this.
    10-11-10 02:57 PM
    Vlingo Support finally responded to my last email:

Hello

We have confirmed that Vlingo does drain the battery on some phones. We don't have an immediate solution for this, but we do have a fix in our future release. Unfortunately, I cannot provide any general timeline for our releases. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Audrey
    Vlingo Support

I'm hopeful that future release will come in the near future. I've put Vlingo back on my phone for now, and am just being sure to keep my Torch charged up during the day when I am at a charging source.
    10-14-10 08:05 AM
    I've installed OS .284 and my battery life had dramatically increased, even with Vlingo installed. I'm now getting twice the battery life I was getting on OS .246
    10-26-10 03:36 PM
    mine has improved a lot with gps off and full battery pull
    10-26-10 07:46 PM
    I've installed OS .284 and my battery life had dramatically increased, even with Vlingo installed. I'm now getting twice the battery life I was getting on OS .246
    .284 made no difference for me. I just took Vlingo off this morning for a change of pace from having to always charge during the day, and the difference is amazing. According to MeterBerry, I go from a 5-6% per hour discharge rate down to around 1.4%.
    11-04-10 08:48 AM
    Cool, should I try new buid, because my battery life is approximate 2-3 days, don't know if could improve more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-10 02:14 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD