I bet the torch (english for flashlight) does not work without a 3rd party app

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-10 03:29 PM
    ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?.........

How about turn the video camera on? Instant flashlight, or torch, no need for any app to find your way through the dark.
    08-03-10 03:33 PM
    ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?.........

How about turn the video camera on? Instant flashlight, or torch, no need for any app to find your way through the dark.
    Works every time!
    08-03-10 03:37 PM
    I guess americans do not understand irony

08-03-10 03:40 PM
    I dont get it?

"I bet the torch does not work without a 3rd party app". - That makes absolutely no sense.
    08-03-10 03:40 PM
    I guess americans do not understand irony

Either that or the Brits don't either.
    08-03-10 03:42 PM
    It does make sense. He meant a literal "torch". it's like calling a BlackBerry a BlackBerry when it's clearly not edible.

08-03-10 03:42 PM
    It does make sense. He meant a literal "torch". it's like calling a BlackBerry a BlackBerry when it's clearly not edible.

Now that's funny!
    08-03-10 03:45 PM
    Ok, lets rephrase it then...

"I bet the flashlight does not work without a 3rd party app."

Still does not make sense. The phone does not come with a flashlight in the first place. No blackberry does. Its called a camera flash. And yes I'm sure it will work the same way as the other phones that have the new camera flash....
    08-03-10 03:46 PM
    It is called a torch but the torch does not work as a torch - irony QED

08-03-10 03:48 PM
    That's the thing, it does work as a torch (flashlight). Among many other things it does.

Masahiro's post about a BlackBerry being called blackberry makes more sense. You can't eat your BlackBerry like you can a blackberry.

Does this make the iPhone ironic too? Being that it has a difficult time making phone calls?
    08-03-10 03:53 PM
    That's the thing, it does work as a torch (flashlight). Among many other things it does.
    Yeah, thats why I don't find it funny nor ironic by any means...
    08-03-10 03:55 PM
    The iphone is pure irony as it is neither very mobile (given it needs charging several times a day) nor a phone - no reception

08-03-10 03:57 PM
    In other words, it's as if it were called the BlackBerry Flashlight. Only it doesn't work as a flashlight. Well, but it really does work as a flashlight if you use the video cam light or a third party app. Yeah, that's the height of irony.
    08-03-10 04:05 PM
    Jeez lighten up - irony is humour. We are all touchy about the torch.

Here's a tip - do not buy this phone yet - wait for the 9850 - It will be released in 6 months and will have a 1g processor. In the meantime upgrade the 9700 to OS 6. That way you will avoid the outrage when RIM upgrade again

08-03-10 04:14 PM
    yea... i knew what he was getting at, only due i read a couple of magazines from the EU

but this my dear friend is a torch and there is no app for it

08-03-10 04:45 PM
    And plus we don't live in England, therefore Torch does not mean flashlight...
    08-03-10 05:08 PM
    hahaha! You made a funny!
    08-03-10 07:12 PM

Masahiro's post about a BlackBerry being called blackberry makes more sense. You can't eat your BlackBerry like you can a blackberry.

Does this make the iPhone ironic too? Being that it has a difficult time making phone calls?
    lol
    not only that but the i in iphone and iPod means intelligent

if dropping calls is always intelligent then I've still got a long way to go in school..
    08-03-10 07:16 PM
    And plus we don't live in England, therefore Torch does not mean flashlight...
    Hmm...working in construction...when you say torch, I start thinking about a oxygen and acetylene rig on a cart.
    08-03-10 07:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD