The new webkit browser is definitely an encouraging sign of progress for RIM though not the great strides we would all like to see.
    07-10-10 10:23 PM
    The new webkit browser is definitely an encouraging sign of progress for RIM though not the great strides we would all like to see.
    I too have been a bb guy for years. After years of bagging on all my iPhone buddies, I decided to give the iBone a try.....I love it!!! The biggest knock for me is battery life. I'll wait for the 9800 to drop. If the browser/device doesn't deliver, i4 here I come!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-10 10:31 PM
    I can't wait for a side-by-side comparison.

Actually I just can't wait for a bigger screen on a Qwerty BB
    CX posted this on Saturday, I'm surprised it wasn't reposted in this thread:

07-12-10 06:20 AM
    blackberry is on a slippery slope to becoming obsolete , iphone & android devices are slowly smothering the life out of RIM
    I would have to agree with you on this front. Let's just hope BB aligns itself better in the market. If it doesn't, then I fear that it will definitely lose its market share.
    07-13-10 08:14 AM
    Depends on if the 9800 is left hand friendly...
    07-13-10 11:34 AM
    I've had a Palm Treo, a BB Curve 8300, an iPhone 3G, and right now I have a Bold 9000. I have played with a whole bunch of blackberry smartphones in the past year including touchscreen, trackball and trackpad. Blackberrys are great, but I think this time around I'm going to get the iPhone 4. Ever since I traded in my i3G for a 9000, I've been missing a lot of the features that the i3G had. I love the mulitasking and BBM of the 9000, but for some reason I missed the number of free apps, the ease of browsing, how I can easily set up my music and podcasts (the latter for free).

The only things that were keeping me from leaving my 9000 (which is the phone I have had the longest over the past four years) was BBM, Documents to Go, Multitaksing, and the longer battery life. Now, outside of BBM, the iP4 has pretty much solved all those issues I had and then some.

A huge problem I have had with my 9000 was the constant resetting/battery pulling. I have close to 18 apps on my 9000 (which is nowhere close to what I had on my 3G) and I find myself constantly battery pulling because the phone slows down and is constantly reading. Browsing (IMO) is getting worse for me and now my battery is so bad that I can't keep my phone in 3G while browsing because the battery will absolutely drain. People tell me to buy a new battery, but I don't want to buy one for a phone that is constantly struggling

The 9800 looks much better than any blackberry currently on the market, but I don't think any of it's new features rivals what the iP4 can do. I'm sure the touchscreen isn't as good and the webkit browser won't be as fluid as iP4's.

So I will be getting the iPhone 4 when it comes to Canada later this month, but I'm going to keep my 9000 because I have a lot of contacts on BBM.

I didn't come on here to blast RIM or Blackberry, but I do feel they are a step behind in a few things I find important when I compare it to Apple or Android.
    07-17-10 10:13 AM
    I've had a Palm Treo, a BB Curve 8300, an iPhone 3G, and right now I have a Bold 9000. I have played with a whole bunch of blackberry smartphones in the past year including touchscreen, trackball and trackpad. Blackberrys are great, but I think this time around I'm going to get the iPhone 4. Ever since I traded in my i3G for a 9000, I've been missing a lot of the features that the i3G had. I love the mulitasking and BBM of the 9000, but for some reason I missed the number of free apps, the ease of browsing, how I can easily set up my music and podcasts (the latter for free).

The only things that were keeping me from leaving my 9000 (which is the phone I have had the longest over the past four years) was BBM, Documents to Go, Multitaksing, and the longer battery life. Now, outside of BBM, the iP4 has pretty much solved all those issues I had and then some.

A huge problem I have had with my 9000 was the constant resetting/battery pulling. I have close to 18 apps on my 9000 (which is nowhere close to what I had on my 3G) and I find myself constantly battery pulling because the phone slows down and is constantly reading. Browsing (IMO) is getting worse for me and now my battery is so bad that I can't keep my phone in 3G while browsing because the battery will absolutely drain. People tell me to buy a new battery, but I don't want to buy one for a phone that is constantly struggling

The 9800 looks much better than any blackberry currently on the market, but I don't think any of it's new features rivals what the iP4 can do. I'm sure the touchscreen isn't as good and the webkit browser won't be as fluid as iP4's.

So I will be getting the iPhone 4 when it comes to Canada later this month, but I'm going to keep my 9000 because I have a lot of contacts on BBM.

I didn't come on here to blast RIM or Blackberry, but I do feel they are a step behind in a few things I find important when I compare it to Apple or Android.
    07-17-10 10:40 AM
    ummm..... bye?
    07-17-10 03:40 PM
    Only if you are looking to use a smartphone as a toy rather than a serious communication device. Have fun with your toy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-10 10:48 PM
159 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD