I had the BBbold 9000 for a short time. I loved the look, feel, and keyboard, but compared to the iPhone 3G, it was far behind in almost every way!

I had the iPhone 3G, 3GS, and now have the iPhone 4. I always check out the new BB products that are coming out and the Torch looked so awesome, I had to try it. I hooked it up on another line on my account to get it for a the discounted price and to be able to use both the iPhone 4 and Torch.

The torch is a pretty device, no doubt. I love the look and feel. I also disagree with the people who dislike the keyboard and sliding mechanism. It feels very sturdy on my particular phone. It's a great phone and huge step forward for BB, but to be honest, it's still WAY behind the iPhone in almost every possible way.

Most likely I'll play around with the torch, until I get bored with it and sell it, keeping my iPhone, unless I can find some viable reasons to use both long term. I was definitely open-minded to selling the iPhone 4, if I liked the Torch better, but unfortunately, BB has not come far enough.
    08-16-10 01:21 PM
    my .02 cents:

The cold front will sag into the southern Mid-Atlantic Tuesday. Scattered thunderstorms will linger from New Jersey to the Virginias. A few of these storms could contain briefly strong wind gusts and dump inch-plus downpours.
    Behind the front, Pennsylvania, New York and New England will be rain free with lowering humidity.
    Temperatures will vary from average to 10 degrees above average. Highs will peak in the 80s across the interior but between 90 and 92 degrees from Hartford to eastern Virginia.
    Next, a wave of low pressure will ride northeastward along the stalled front, allowing thunderstorms and more heavy rain to surge northward over the Mid-Atlantic midweek and then shift across southeast New York and southern New England Wednesday night into Thursday.
    08-16-10 01:25 PM
    *sigh*.....
    08-16-10 01:32 PM
    Stupid..... how can u say the bold 9000 is far behind the iPhone 3g in almost everyway?,when it didn't have copy and paste, didn't have mms, didn't have video recording, no true push email, and even with ios4 doesn't have multitasking, can't change backgrounds. There's No removable battery, no memory card slot, so for you to say the bold was far behind is cr@p. Spec wise a 412 mhz processor compared to bolds 624 mhz a software keyboard vs. Hardware keyboard.

So much stupid in you u don't deserve such a technical phone like a blackberry.
    08-16-10 02:28 PM
    I too am using the Bold 9000 and love it! I'll check out the Torch when it's available in Canada. Unfortunately for us, we have to wait (yet again) I had the iPhone too, got rid of it. It's a toy in my opinion. I'm sticking with BB products. In business, I have only one counterpart who uses an iphone. She uses it for everything except calling.
    08-16-10 03:11 PM
    i learned something new today..
    Don't feed the Trolls!
    08-16-10 03:17 PM
    Wolfpacal... I too am waiting for the 9800 to be released but in UK its doin my nut in having to wait there's no word of any release date for it as far as I know just were only just gettin the new pearl 3g.. perhaps there's someone out their who will swap me a 9800 for a HTC desire I have collecting dust on my side
    08-16-10 03:26 PM
    I too am using the Bold 9000 and love it! I'll check out the Torch when it's available in Canada. Unfortunately for us, we have to wait (yet again) I had the iPhone too, got rid of it. It's a toy in my opinion. I'm sticking with BB products. In business, I have only one counterpart who uses an iphone. She uses it for everything except calling.
    Well put Wolf... Most professionals I know all look at people's phones. They tend to take the people with BBs much more seriously than the ones with iPhones. I am not bashing iPhone... that is just a long time observation.
    08-16-10 03:44 PM
    Wolfpacal... I too am waiting for the 9800 to be released but in UK its doin my nut in having to wait there's no word of any release date for it as far as I know just were only just gettin the new pearl 3g.. perhaps there's someone out their who will swap me a 9800 for a HTC desire I have collecting dust on my side
    Being a Canadian company not an hour from where I work, I wish we could get it at the same time as they do in the US. The UK should get it around the same time too. We're small potatoes in terms of numbers though, that's why we have to wait. 300 Million people in the States vs 30 + Million here. I'm chomping at the bit to get my hands on one!
    08-16-10 03:47 PM
    [QUOTE=wolfpacal;5473290]Being a Canadian company not an hour from where I work, I wish we could get it at the same time as they do in the US.

yea that pretty much sucks i guess:
    08-16-10 03:53 PM
    i learned something new today..
    Don't feed the Trolls!
    at what point in his post was he being a troll?
    08-16-10 04:16 PM
    Well put Wolf... Most professionals I know all look at people's phones. They tend to take the people with BBs much more seriously than the ones with iPhones. I am not bashing iPhone... that is just a long time observation.
    I've noticed this too, and I don't mean it as a flame. I see a lot of wannabe VP's, executives, managers think they need one to have a certain look. Reminds me of the guy right out of college driving a BMW with his first job.

I think this is why our economy got so bad, because of BB users
    08-16-10 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD