Is it possible to use your PC internet through a docking station with the Torch? I know how to hook my Torch to my home wifi, but when at work i have it in my docking station. Since it's plugged in to that PC, can I tether it somehow to use that internet service instead of my phone provider?
    07-12-11 12:50 PM
    Unfortunately this is not an option available.
    07-12-11 12:59 PM
    Had a feeling that was the case. Not a big deal I guess. Ok, thanks.
    07-12-11 01:16 PM
    10 char
    Last edited by saudadeii; 07-17-11 at 04:46 PM.
    07-12-11 02:57 PM
    You can try setting up your laptop with as an Ad Hoc wireless ap. I have no idea if this works.

Set up a computer-to-computer (ad hoc) network
    This should absolutely work if configured correctly. Another option (with Windows 7 at least) is to create a virtual Wireless Network adapter. There are applications that will do this for you and allow you to use your router as a wifi access point (as opposed to a 1-on-1 ad-hoc connection). That way, you can still use wireless to connect to your regular wifi connection for internet, and then share it out through the virtual wifi connection to your phone and any other device that you want.

It's super easy to set up, here's a link to the free program that I've used for this purpose.

Connectify for Windows - Turn your Laptop or Smartphone into a Secure Wi-Fi Hotspot

Hopefully that will help you do what you want.
    07-13-11 07:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD