hey guys! i got my torch 9800 on launch day. i loved this device and definately felt like i was upgrading from my old device (iphone 3g). as much as i love the capabilities of the device i have run into a few issues, specifically network issues. it all started on sunday when all of a sudden i lost connection to the blackberry servers(the little logo in the corner was gone..) i went to at&t on monday and they could not figure it out. apparently my service book for the blackberry internet service got deleted(i didnt even know what a servicebook was lol) so i went home later that night and downnloaded the at&t software and reinstalled the os and this worked. then all of a sudden today, my fb was acting up, so i deleted the app. then i lost the connection again... do you guys have any idea what could be causing this? im currently reinstalling the os as i write this. again please bare with me, as this is my first bb device(definately wont be the last tho). thank you.
    08-18-10 04:03 PM
    There's a link about that around here. Were you on WiFi at home, by chance? It seems some people get on WiFi, and when they leave the WiFi network, the connection drops even though they're on 3G.

Some have suggested running the Diagnostics. It's under Options, Network Connections, Mobile Network. Click on Menu and you'll see Diagnostics Test. Takes a few minutes.
    08-18-10 04:06 PM
    lol thanks for the quick response. about the wifi? i usually turn it off when i leave home to conserve battery life.. and when i noticed that the bb logo was gone, i ran diagnostics and it wasn't even trying to connect to blackberry... i love the phone and this issue is definately not going to make me take it back and abandon hope. it's just that this issue is kind of frustrating... that's all lol. idk if it's an OS issue?
    08-18-10 04:22 PM
    This just happened to me. Lost my BB connection abt an hour ago.

When I came home, I logged into my Wi-Fi and, subsequently, my BB connection was restored... weird...
    08-18-10 04:29 PM
    yeah idk it's a very strange problem... mine was gone even when i connected to my wifi... i hope this is just a bug(this is the first device i've ever bought on a launch day) and bb releases an os update soon... lol. could it be the data plan from at&t(unlimited). i got grandfathered in lol.
    08-18-10 04:38 PM
    Do a search, I know there's another thread on this. They have some other suggestions about it (and now I can't remember them!). I had it happen to me the first day I had the phone, has not happened again. I ran the diagnostics while on the WiFi and have left the Wifi on since, no problems moving between WiFi and non-WiFi sites. Again, it seems people have the problem because they've been on WiFi, then leave that network. If you aren't getting on WiFi at all, it may be a slightly different problem.

It does seem to be an OS problem.
    08-18-10 04:44 PM
    Ahh Other people are finally starting to have the problem
    Im on my 2nd torch upgraded to 161 and nervous about using wifi
    The other thread is here
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/bi...opping-514869/
    08-18-10 04:48 PM
    ahh thank you . i did a search lol its nice to have the link in the thread tho.. sorry forgot all about the search feature :-\. hoping this issue gets worked out soon .
    08-18-10 04:54 PM
    Ahh Other people are finally starting to have the problem
    Im on my 2nd torch upgraded to 161 and nervous about using wifi
    The other thread is here

Just to keep this in one thread (I felt like that link was hard to see). This is a HUGE problem for me and keeps getting stranger...
    08-18-10 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD