Hi guys, i have recently got a Torch and I have some themes that I downloaded onto my PC prior to owning the torch. How do I install these themes now? I cant remember the site i got them from otherwise i would just use OTA...Help please!

Thanks in Advance
    03-16-11 03:49 PM
    What type of files are they, .alx + .cod, or .cod + .jad?
    03-16-11 03:53 PM
    .jad papped
    03-16-11 04:00 PM
    Copy all of the files to a directory on your media card.

Open the Files application, go to that folder and click on the .jad file. It will do the OTA install locally.
    Noshan, homer1475 and tbrenn like this.
    03-16-11 04:01 PM
    OK, Going to try that now. Thanks...I'll ket u know how i get on
    03-16-11 04:02 PM
    OK...Looks like thats the way to do it...the themes wouldnt work, so I will try get some new themes and see how it goes. Thanks for your help
    03-16-11 04:08 PM
    Yeah they have to be the correct version for the phone. But that's how you do OTA installs locally in general.
    03-16-11 04:10 PM
    Copy all of the files to a directory on your media card.

Open the Files application, go to that folder and click on the .jad file. It will do the OTA install locally.
    I didn't know this, thanks for the info.
    03-17-11 06:50 AM
    Hi guys, i have recently got a Torch and I have some themes that I downloaded onto my PC prior to owning the torch. How do I install these themes now? I cant remember the site i got them from otherwise i would just use OTA...Help please!

Thanks in Advance
    You can only install a theme built specifically for the Torch on a Torch. Theme files are device specific, with no ability to cross-install.

You will not be able to load any of your old themes. Sorry.

Note: The theme may appear to install, but you will not find it in your list of available themes to select.
    03-17-11 10:55 AM
    Thanks...got any links you would suggest for good free themes?
    03-17-11 12:55 PM
    Thanks...got any links you would suggest for good free themes?
    Here is the Forum for all the 9800 Themes: http://forums.crackberry.com/f220/

They have some Amazing themes to choose from.
    03-17-11 01:11 PM
    I've been rocking this one for a couple months. One of the best themes i've come across. It's $2.99, but well worth it!

htc Incredible - Themes BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    03-17-11 02:29 PM
    What type of files are they, .alx + .cod, or .cod + .jad?
    But Can you private message me on the walkthrough how to do this im new to the blackberry as a whole n i also have a torch but i cant get the downloaded themes from my pc to my device
    08-23-11 10:00 AM
    Concerned that some themes I purchased from BlackBerry App World seem to just disappear.
    08-23-11 10:59 AM
    You can only install a theme built specifically for the Torch on a Torch. Theme files are device specific, with no ability to cross-install.

You will not be able to load any of your old themes. Sorry.

Note: The theme may appear to install, but you will not find it in your list of available themes to select.
    Is this something new? I remember installing 8330 themes on my 8830 WE without any problems in the past. Of course they had identical resolution and OS, so that may have something to do with it. Could Storm 2 themes work on our Torches?

Update: LoL! Storm2 is an OS5 device. Disregard. Carry on!
    Last edited by agough05; 08-23-11 at 03:23 PM.
    08-23-11 03:15 PM
    I am using the Vintage theme by Cocky Culture from the cb app store. Its AWESOME

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 10:10 PM

Thanks in Advance
    08-06-13 01:07 AM
    hi im new user for bb 9800
    i download theam dut i cant install in my cell phone so tell me what am i doo
    12-22-14 08:52 AM
    hi im new user for bb 9800
    i download theam dut i cant install in my cell phone so tell me what am i doo
    12-22-14 08:56 AM
    Good day sir,
    Greetings, I recently got a BB Torch 9800, I downloaded a theme, it is a .alx + .cod, I do not know how to install it. This is my first phone, hence i do not know much. I would be glad and grateful if you could kindly guide me as to how i can install the theme. It would be highly appreciated if you could patiently guide me step by step.
    07-12-15 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD