Last week my employer updated their wi-fi certificate to one that is not listed among the options on my phone. Does anyone know if it is possible to upload this certificate from my computer? I found these directions from blackberry.com (http://www5.nohold.net/RIM/Loginr.as...login=1&pid=32) but could not find an option to synchronize certificates on my bb desktop software. the certificate I'm trying to upload is

UTN-USERFirst-Hardware (which expires July 9, 2019)

Any help would be appreciated
    01-03-11 04:21 PM
    Last week my employer updated their wi-fi certificate to one that is not listed among the options on my phone. Does anyone know if it is possible to upload this certificate from my computer? I found these directions from blackberry.com (http://www5.nohold.net/RIM/Loginr.as...login=1&pid=32) but could not find an option to synchronize certificates on my bb desktop software. the certificate I'm trying to upload is

UTN-USERFirst-Hardware (which expires July 9, 2019)

Any help would be appreciated
    To start off with, If your using BlackBerry Desktop Manager 6.0 (the newest version) you will be unable to sync the CA cert. onto the device with it, It's currently unsupported in 6.0 and is "targeted for a future DM6 release" according to RIM.

Supported files to be synched onto the BlackBerry device to upload a new certificate are .pfx, .p12, .cer, .der, .crt, .cert, .p7b, .p7c, or .key files.

1. Connect your device to your computer.
    2. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    3. Click Synchronize Certificates.
    4. Click Import Certificate.
    5. Click a certificate file.
    6. Click Open.

If even with these instructions, and DM5, your still unable to get it on there, The option may not be available (especially if your device is connected to a BES, it may have been disabled by your BES admin).
    numberonebun and Caecilius like this.
    01-03-11 04:52 PM
    Thanks, I am running the newest version of desktop manager so that explains why I was unable to find an option to synchronize certificates.
    01-03-11 05:20 PM
    I have the exact same problem! I cannot access this option in the 2.4 version of the desktopmanager for mac
    12-10-12 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD