I've seen similar posts regarding other OS's and devices, but nothing on the Torch-until now.
    I've got an ATT 9800 with .337 installed and running just fine. I've paired the device with several BT devices, including an Alpine KCE-350BT adapter hooked to a top of the line Alpine tuner, etc. which plays through an equally top of the line stereo rig, mostly Alpine components. The whole deal was put together and installed by a well known stereo system designer/installer in LA a year or so ago. It works very, very well and sounds great. It should, as it cost more than my first car.
    My trusty 9000 Bold played everything perfectly on this system-streaming music and podcasts, music and other stuff off the installed card. Basically, it was bulletproof.
    The 9800 is a different story. When using the native music player, for instance, every email, SMS, and phone call trips the device off line and moves the player from play mode to stop mode.
    This is very annoying. The designer/installation guy says its the 9800.
    I have to agree with him, as we tested the system with the 9000.
    Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a fix? Did I screw something up in the BT setup? I like the 9800, but this a deal breaker for me.
    11-30-10 11:51 PM
    Change your sound profile to silent, vibrate, or all alerts off.
    flightattorney likes this.
    12-01-10 12:00 AM
    Thanks. I'll try that and let you know if it works. Its kind of sad I wont know if Im getting calls, emails, etc. Good think I have BerryBuzz installed.
    12-01-10 12:18 AM
    I'm not sure where the setting is, but mine doesn't stop the media player when new messages come in

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-10 02:54 AM
    Mine sometimes does that to me when I'm on pandora, it will pause my music whenever I get an email or text. Friggin annoying

12-01-10 06:13 AM
    Mine did this when I had the 6 tools app set to make noises when holstering/sliding open and closed.
    12-01-10 07:51 AM
    This happens to me too. It annoys me that I have to press the silent key at the top right besided the lock key (whatever it's called) to resume playing music.

12-01-10 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD