Only in my world do such odd things happen...My daughter got into bed with me and wet the bed..... I now have a water damaged (pee smelling) Torch...Its the end of the world.... I took the battery out dried it with a hair drier, left it on a radiator and finally left it in rice..... and switched it on... The home screen comes to life but none of the buttons or touch screen work...its back in the bowl of rice.... any suggestions..... I NEED IT TO WORK NOW...I feel like I lost a limb without it
    04-04-11 10:30 AM
    I would try to take out tha battery and submerge it in alchohol(highest percent possible) then rinse with water and dry.
    If not then... :/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-11 10:48 AM
    Leave it is a sealed bag with the rice for at lease 48 hours, with the battery out... I would then disassemble it, and clean it with a high concentrated alcohol and qtips. Put it back in sealed rice again (different rice) for another 24 hours.

Don't try and turn it on, as water damage is not so much caused by the phone bieing wet, but the deposits left behing by the evaporated water. Powering it on too soon, with deposits left behind can short circuit things...

Let us know how it goes...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-11 11:00 AM
    Ok thanks...Think my brother knows all that alcohol business.... Will ask him to do it for me!
    04-04-11 11:16 AM
    From one dad to another, this is a great story, though not funny at the time. Hope it all works out and you two can laugh about it later. The sooner you get it cleaned, the better, and keep it in the sealed bag of rice to extract as much moisture as possible while you wait for the alcohol.
    04-04-11 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD