You're both right and wrong. The traffic analogy applies here. One guy waits patiently in line waiting for the traffic to subside. The other guy tries to force him/herself in to get ahead. Difference in philosophy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The toll road analogy is the better analogy for cell service providers. The infrastructure is already there, there's no additional cost to letting another person use the infrastructure.

Let's say you own a toll road, and a guy wants to cross it, how much does it cost to let him cross it? Close to $0. Whatever you charge him almost pure profit.

That's how AT&T sees individual customers. Sure they have to do maintenance and hire people and a million other things, but those are all sunk costs. The addition or retention of a single customer is almost pure profit.
    08-14-10 02:12 PM
    ATT has never been that....nice. SOMETIMES. I'd see them give an early upgrade after atleast a year of contract service. But ever since their iPhones blew up. They stopped doing being so leniant and only give early upgrades for iPhones. You eiither have to wait about half a year like me. Or just buy it full price like I will in a week or so.

That is not true I just got an early upgrade for the torch and customer service told me to fax my recipt and they will refund the 75$ so it didn't cost me extra
    08-14-10 04:43 PM
    ATT has never been that....nice. SOMETIMES. I'd see them give an early upgrade after atleast a year of contract service. But ever since their iPhones blew up. They stopped doing being so leniant and only give early upgrades for iPhones. You eiither have to wait about half a year like me. Or just buy it full price like I will in a week or so.

That is not true I just got an early upgrade for the torch and customer service told me to fax my recipt and they will refund the 75$ so it didn't cost me extra
    08-14-10 05:05 PM
    The toll road analogy is the better analogy for cell service providers. The infrastructure is already there, there's no additional cost to letting another person use the infrastructure.

Let's say you own a toll road, and a guy wants to cross it, how much does it cost to let him cross it? Close to $0. Whatever you charge him almost pure profit.

That's how AT&T sees individual customers. Sure they have to do maintenance and hire people and a million other things, but those are all sunk costs. The addition or retention of a single customer is almost pure profit.
    Roo, me and you are on the same page...these other fools in here think you are suppose to bow down and let the corps do what ever they want increasing their profit....I see it a business relationship that's not one sided. If I feel like I'm not getting a fair deal then I will make mention of it and try to negotiate to get one...MrPlow you sound like Joe the plumber who knows the talking pts without knowing the concepts or have any knowledge. A lot of people scream about having a free market but they want the rules to be skewed one way...that's not fair market...those who scream that don't know anything about economics...you probably believe that tax cuts pay for themselves.....LMAO! we all seen where that got us.....

My mama taught me that when one starts to call names they have nothing else to say and have no knowledge of what they are talking about, so they resort to insults..they are very ignorant..
    08-14-10 06:04 PM
79 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD