I had a Curve then the Storm but was having a few too many hour glass episodes over the pass year. Needless to say I'm no longer using a BB. I have the Droid2 and while it is a great, fun and innovative device I miss the BB mail/text abilities. Nothing surpasses BB when it comes to sending, receiving or viewing any type of message. And being able to forward an email to text or vise versa is awesome and spoiled the $#!+ out of me. So if you have a BB consider yourself lucky for having a top notch communication device. ;-)
    10-06-10 12:08 AM
    Thanks for posting. Enjoy your Droid. Excuse me, just received another email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-10 01:09 AM
    Just wondering. If they make a QNX BB (we all know its coming) with touchscreen (Storm 3 anyone?), Do you see yourself coming back to Blackberry or do you see some true advantages to having a Droid. If so what are they? (I am a crackberry abuser so I have no intention of switching, I just wanna understand why everyone says Droid is so phenomenal (canadian android market is fairly small right now).
    10-06-10 02:02 AM
    I guarantee most are switching to droid because of marketing and number of devices being released.

Iphone still has a far, far superior app development (hint, lack of device segmentation, which android is absolutely littered with), but they're not going to grow as fast because people are getting bombarded with far more "android". It's the new trend.

Most of google's tools they are developing for IOS real quickly and for free...
    10-06-10 02:06 AM
    It's unfortunate you don't have the BB's messaging capabilities anymore, but I really do hope you consider one in the future when they which from BB OS to QNX (whenever that happens).

If your issue was with constant hourglassing and lag why didn't you consider upgrading to a Torch? It runs as smooth as silk on .246.
    10-06-10 03:52 AM
    While my Tour isn't the best multimedia machine or even BlackBerry, I still wouldn't trade its messaging capabilities for the highest rated Droid, in any form as currently executed. No compromises.

10-06-10 05:03 AM
    While my Tour isn't the best multimedia machine or even BlackBerry, I still wouldn't trade its messaging capabilities for the highest rated Droid, in any form as currently executed. No compromises.

Tour? Please.
    10-06-10 05:05 AM
    I understand the OP completely. Your BB is something very difficult to give up, especially if you are used to it. Android devices are nice. They have a lot of features and the thought of that is attractive to BB users because we tend not to do a whole lot with our devices. I think that's where the problem rests. BB users use their devices for messaging primarily. When a BB user switches to Android or the iPhone, we want to use the phone the same way and we become frustrated when we find that it isn't as intuitive as our BBs. Sure, the rest of the Android device may be a ton better, but for what a BB user uses his phone for 80 percent of the time, Android and iPhone come up short. Then you become like me. I was saying to myself that I would give up the 4.3 inch screen, awesome browser, and widgets just to be able to send out an email quickly and accurately and have my phone last all day on one charge.

10-06-10 05:17 AM
    I almost drank the koolaid twice. I had a htc something or other with android for a day and turned it in for the 9700. While waiting for the torch to drop and arguing with client care over the fact they give a $300 discount for an iphone and only $200 for a bb, I nearly went to the iphone 4 and watched a lot of videos and read reviews on the 2 phones but in the end, the endless list of "cool" apps was not enough to sway me. No, I don't have a foreward facing cam with video chat, nor a huge touch screen, but it works. Email, messages, mutli tasking, etc works wonders and nothing else works quite like it.

10-06-10 07:31 AM
    Nothing surpasses BB when it comes to sending, receiving or viewing any type of message. And being able to forward an email to text or vise versa is awesome and spoiled the $#!+ out of me. So if you have a BB consider yourself lucky for having a top notch communication device. ;-)
    This IS the number one reason why I like my BB. That reason is more important to me than whether or not I can play a game or watch a movie. My 9800 is for messaging / email first and foremost. It's nice to know that I can do some games and movies if I need to (albeit not as nice as the iPhone or Android) but they are secondary reasons for me at least.

OP you can always pick up a BB just for your mail and messaging needs. Lots of people carry two phones.
    10-06-10 12:39 PM
    You described my thoughts exactly. I'll have to look into that QNX. For now, I'm staying with the DROID though. It has soooo many cool capabilities.

I understand the OP completely. Your BB is something very difficult to give up, especially if you are used to it. Android devices are nice. They have a lot of features and the thought of that is attractive to BB users because we tend not to do a whole lot with our devices. I think that's where the problem rests. BB users use their devices for messaging primarily. When a BB user switches to Android or the iPhone, we want to use the phone the same way and we become frustrated when we find that it isn't as intuitive as our BBs. Sure, the rest of the Android device may be a ton better, but for what a BB user uses his phone for 80 percent of the time, Android and iPhone come up short. Then you become like me. I was saying to myself that I would give up the 4.3 inch screen, awesome browser, and widgets just to be able to send out an email quickly and accurately and have my phone last all day on one charge.

10-15-10 02:56 AM

I can send out email quickly and accurately and can go 18+ hours on a charge. Maybe it's something Samsung does differently than Moto or HTC, but I have superior battery life on this than I ever had on my Storm.

Like I've said, I was doing multiple emails with wedding vendors and editting of contracts on my Android without a single glitch, and very quickly. So no, not all Androids have bad battery life and inability to handle email or phone calls.

Keep in mind this is while running wifi, live wallpapers and more all the time as well.
    10-15-10 07:27 AM
    O
    I can send out email quickly and accurately and can go 18+ hours on a charge. Maybe it's something Samsung does differently than Moto or HTC, but I have superior battery life on this than I ever had on my Storm.

Like I've said, I was doing multiple emails with wedding vendors and editting of contracts on my Android without a single glitch, and very quickly. So no, not all Androids have bad battery life and inability to handle email or phone calls.

Keep in mind this is while running wifi, live wallpapers and more all the time as well.
    Couldn't agree more. I also abuse this thing (sgs) from 7am till 11pm and still have plenty of juice left. This phone has not given me one single reason to miss my blackberry including email and messaging.

10-15-10 07:39 AM
    I can't wait for this QNX talk to die down. We're years away from it on a phone with the hardware progressing (or not) as fast as it is.
    10-15-10 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD