It technically is out... a leak, like BlackBerry OS.

What would FroYo bring that you decided to wait?

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...e-froyo-leaked
    1. Better Exchange Support
    2. The Ability to use a Numerical Pin to unlock the phone instead of a Swype Lock
    3. Adobe Flash 10.1
    4. The Ability to install Applications to SD Card
    5. Push Notifications (C2DM)
    6. More GPS Fixes
    7. Performance Increases
    8. User Interface Enhancements (Set Default Home Screen, Expose-like Pinch Zoom-Out, etc.)
    9. Fixes to decrease the amount of lag due to RFS
    10. Faster Browser JavaScript performance
    11. The ability to run applications that require Android 2.2 - The List is growing
    12. Better radio in the update will result in better signal quality and data speeds

There is more.

The way Android is handled IRT updates and such is a huge fail and IMO is a reason to stay away from those phones.
    01-02-11 11:18 PM
    Android in time will be the solution, I believe, but it still has some growing up to do. I LOVE the customization of it and it really offers a sweet interface, but it simply hasn't arrived. Nor has iOS, in my opinion, Being locked to iTunes sucks ****....pardon my french, but that sucks.

Yes, I am loading apps now. And to answer someone else, yes, I returned the Captivate. It started really wigging out over the weekend, locking screens, freezing completely, missed calls/notifications, you name it. Glad it's gone.

So nice to be back in Black. Still acclimating to OS6 (it's different) but I like the changes.

Thanks everyone for your advice and support.
    01-03-11 10:14 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD