Well i used to search for a media player to play your blackberry videos because they were in an uncommon format and most players didnt play them. The only answers i could find were conversions which was too tedious.

I have the answer. FLV, MP4, 3GP, VOB, WMV Player - Final Media Player

Its called final media player. and it plays them perfectly. When you download and install finalmedia player, make sure you click decline on the installation of 3rd party programs. It is free because during installation, it will make it seem like you are forced to install yahoo, messenger, yahoo toolbar, and all kinds of different programs. unless you want them simply decline.

Now, once you have installed the media player just open up the video you want to play, and open it with final media player.

This is important: if you notice that your video is choppy, or playing weird like its choppy, then you have to do the following. With final media player open, click the setup button at the bottom of player. There are two tabs, click the Miscellaneous tab. Make sure that the box labeled "Use direct draw instead of GDI when available" is not checked. I repeat, make sure it is not checked! I have no clue what that means, but it messes up the blackberry video format and keeps it from playing correctly. Once you have that box unchecked, it will play your Blackberry video seamlessly.

One more note. Final Media player is legit, and it as simple as a media player gets. It plays them and thats it. The program is very small, doesnt run in the background, and as long as you decline the 3rd party programs it offers you, then you wont have junk on your PC.

Hope this helps anyone with the question of how to play blackberry videos.

again make sure you uncheck that box or the video wont play well at all.
    10-27-10 10:15 AM
    good morning...... I have the blackberry torch and it is ok. It is a good phone and the OS6 is real good.
    10-27-10 10:29 AM
    Uh, you ever heard of something called Quicktime? Made by a little company named Apple. You usually get it bundled when you download this other program they have, called iTunes or myTunes or something. I know it's really obscure, but it plays 3GP videos fine.
    10-27-10 10:55 AM
    iTunes is terrible and so is QuickTime - though I admittedly have QuickTime installed on my computer just in case...

Thankfully, VLC Media Player (VideoLAN - VLC media player - Open Source Multimedia Framework and Player) plays .3GP just fine as well. If you're not familiar with VLC it's widely considered the best media player out there...it plays everything...free too.
    10-27-10 11:21 AM
    Media Player Classic - Home Cinema - Video Player plays everything too. Free and much better than VLC.
    10-27-10 11:47 AM
    ^^ definitely VLC. You can even convert with it although there are better options for that.
    10-27-10 11:49 AM
    None of those work with the Torch
    10-27-10 04:05 PM
    None of those work with the Torch
    If you mean you can't install them on the Torch, that's very true. However the Torch can play its own .3GP videos just fine.

If you mean VLC can't play .3GP files taken by the Torch's video camera, then I have to disagree with you.
    10-27-10 06:15 PM
    +1 for Media Player Classic
    10-27-10 07:35 PM
    Vlc wins hands down. Screw every other player, VLC plays them all. Pwned

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-10 04:22 AM
    Pretty sure k-lite codec pack will make WMP play them without issues (also comes with WMP Classic)
    10-28-10 07:23 AM
    I tend to go for QTLite... its the codecs without all the apple crapware, and then the videos play in WMP as well which I prefer to use instead of installing another media player
    10-28-10 11:25 AM
    Pretty sure k-lite codec pack will make WMP play them without issues (also comes with WMP Classic)
    True, with the right codecs installed you can get most any player to play most anything. MPC is the most versatile and has played files even VLC wouldn't play. The only advantage VLC has is the ability to play incomplete files (although only certain types, but you can sometimes preview certain file types if they're incomplete). This is the only reason I have VLC installed, MPC is my default player for all video on the PC.
    10-28-10 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD