I have been using Torch for a week. I feel it is almost a perfect Blackberry for me. I am loving it more and more each day. I think it looks really cool. Despite its low res screen in this high res era I thought the screen looks really good and words are easy to read. The new interface and icons look sleek. The soft and hard keyboard combination is perfect for different mode of input based on your mood. The one-hand operation is good. Despite its imperfections such as low speed processor, lack of applications, occasional not responsive I am just loving it. It is so easy to use and so fun to use. I have used Google phone and Iphone nevertheless I love Torch more. Despite its rather lacklustre reviews I am finding Torch such a near perfect device. Anyone has the same feeling?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-10 02:57 AM
    I used it for the first time tonight. A friend got one and let me set it up for him. I absolutely loved it!!!! Played with it for 2 hours straight.

Hurry up Canada!

08-24-10 03:21 AM
    I had an iPhone and decided that poor call quality and dropped calls were unacceptable. A phone should be a phone, right? I got the Torch on the release date and I love it. I can't put it down. No buyer's remorse here. Glad to be a BB user again. And is it just me, or is BB's keyboard the best out there?
    08-24-10 03:53 AM
    I used it for the first time tonight. A friend got one and let me set it up for him. I absolutely loved it!!!! Played with it for 2 hours straight.

Hurry up Canada!

Nice, I'd love to add something more productive to this post other than "I'm still waiting"...

I had an iPhone and decided that poor call quality and dropped calls were unacceptable. A phone should be a phone, right? I got the Torch on the release date and I love it. I can't put it down. No buyer's remorse here. Glad to be a BB user again. And is it just me, or is BB's keyboard the best out there?
    Congrats, I currently have an iPhone 3g and am seriously thinking about jumping ship. I've been fortunate not to have too many 'call' issues but have had some lag & crash issues for sure. I still like the iPhone but I'm really looking forward to trying out something new. From what I've seen the layout of the OS 6 looks very productive and time conserving. Can't wait to try one out!
    08-24-10 04:11 AM
    I'm in Canada as well and helped my boyfriend buy one off of craigslist yesterday for a decent price... I was iffy about buying one after reading about so many hardware issues on the forum so I decided to let him have it first even though we both kind of wanted one. After playing around with it, I realized I shouldn't have told him about the person selling it and bought it for myself lol

Darn! Hopefully I can get my hands on one soon!

His has absolutely NO (and I mean NO) wiggle when the slider was opened, no clacking or looseness when the slider was closed when pressing on the touchscreen, no tinny call quality... It was just perfect. And it could have been mine! I'm too nice.

Canadians, if you're thinking about going down to the States to pick one up or ordering one online from Amazon or wherever, I suggest you do it! Definitely worth it if you are a die-hard Blackberry person.
    08-24-10 02:00 PM
    I am coming from the blackberry 9700 and a short test drive with the Mytouch 3g on tmobile. I am loving it a little more each day. I will be sticking with the Torch series and dont see how I could go back to a blackberry without a slide out keyboard and a touch screen. The Mytouch was great but just was not for me. If you are a blackberry fan dont listen to all the bad hype go get one and you will love it.
    08-24-10 06:16 PM
    Still completely satisfied with the Torch! I went back to my 9000 to pull some stuff off of it, wow! I could never go back!
    08-24-10 06:38 PM
    me too! I've had no issues at all! I delted all the unneccessary crap and I have no lag, no phone quality issues. everything works awesome, every day I learn something new and I can tease my other friends who want one so bad lol. I was going to give it a month to decide if I would sell my 9700 but after these 5 days, I no for sure I'm not going back to my 97
    08-24-10 06:49 PM
    me too! I've had no issues at all! I delted all the unneccessary crap and I have no lag, no phone quality issues. everything works awesome, every day I learn something new and I can tease my other friends who want one so bad lol. I was going to give it a month to decide if I would sell my 9700 but after these 5 days, I no for sure I'm not going back to my 97
    What did you delete? I'm about to slim the phone down myself.
    08-24-10 06:52 PM
    I'm in Canada as well and helped my boyfriend buy one off of craigslist yesterday for a decent price... I was iffy about buying one after reading about so many hardware issues on the forum so I decided to let him have it first even though we both kind of wanted one. After playing around with it, I realized I shouldn't have told him about the person selling it and bought it for myself lol

Darn! Hopefully I can get my hands on one soon!

His has absolutely NO (and I mean NO) wiggle when the slider was opened, no clacking or looseness when the slider was closed when pressing on the touchscreen, no tinny call quality... It was just perfect. And it could have been mine! I'm too nice.

Canadians, if you're thinking about going down to the States to pick one up or ordering one online from Amazon or wherever, I suggest you do it! Definitely worth it if you are a die-hard Blackberry person.
    hmmm....something to think about, no doubt. Especially with 4 weeks to go yet...
    08-25-10 05:59 AM
    hmmm....something to think about, no doubt. Especially with 4 weeks to go yet...
    I am on my Torch and cannot tell which carrier are you with?

08-25-10 06:12 AM
    This is my 5th BB to date. Absolutely love it.
    I hope RIM keeps the screen res "as is" on future hardware builds as it will only enhance battery life.
    I do have one MAJOR dilemma, I'm loosing sleep and it's tearing me apart.
    I'm torn between:
    1-Do I keep it in the Otter Box with a screen protector for max. protection?
    2-Do I get a sleek Case-Mate Barely There?
    OR
    3-Do I go "commando" and "wrap it up" with an Invisible Shield full body?
    I'm really torn here.
    I'm leaning towards Inv.Shld. mainly so I can show it off and hold onto it even w/dry hands.
    I'm feeling rather pathetic right now.
    My wife just shakes her head.
    08-25-10 07:20 AM
    Nice, I'd love to add something more productive to this post other than "I'm still waiting"...

Congrats, I currently have an iPhone 3g and am seriously thinking about jumping ship. I've been fortunate not to have too many 'call' issues but have had some lag & crash issues for sure. I still like the iPhone but I'm really looking forward to trying out something new. From what I've seen the layout of the OS 6 looks very productive and time conserving. Can't wait to try one out!

Dude you should get it I had the iphone 3g also and after two days of the torch release I went to the blackberry and I'm also new to this whole blackberry thing (literally) and to be honest I don't regret it you should get it its totally worth it!!

08-25-10 08:07 AM
    Love, love, love the Torch! Best BB ever.
    08-25-10 10:12 AM
    Coming from an iPhone 4 I'm definitely feeling my Torch more and more each day. I missed the keyboard and I missed the notification light.
    08-25-10 10:20 AM
    Have to agree with the OP on this one, I'm on Day three of CONSTANT use (havent put it down, much to my wife's dismay) and I can honestly say its the best blackberry I have owned. I'm coming off using a Bold 9000 HEAVILY for the past two years, and before that, numerous other models. I thought the Bold was darn near perfect for my needs and never went for the Storm. I had my wife's iPhone (first generation) and decided that soft-keypad typing is just not my thing, and I love the speed and feel of the Bold (and in general, bberry) keypads.

Again, I know people have reported issues with sound quality and screen wobble, I dont suffer from either that I am aware of, and the devices has been solid, battery is stable and performance is great. The wifi connectivity is far improved over my Bold 9000, which was flaky for me at times on the various OS 5 revisions. The Torch wifi has really performed well, and the transition is seamless between hotspots.

My only downer was with the Flickr uploader app - which simply doesnt install. Since the phone seems to have taken some great pics over the past few days, I wanted to upload them to Flickr and check out the quality, but it says it installs from AppWorld but shows 0 bytes and the app is nowhere to be found.
    08-25-10 10:20 AM
    i totally agree... a phone should be a phone.
    and like the OP i am very much satisfied with my Torch since launch date
    08-25-10 10:21 AM
    I also am loving my BB each day. Finding out new features about it is exciting. Loving the screen. My sister in law says it is crisp looking. I am fine with that don't need HD to see what I am doing on my phone. The keyboard is awesome. I compared it to my Bold 9000 and like this on the Torch better.

All and all I am not regretting ditching the iphone for the BB Torch!

08-25-10 10:27 AM
    They often say it's a matter of taste, if you like to communicate mostly with apps, Droid and iPhone is fine, but don't we all want to communicate with people in the end as good as possible?.....that's where the Torch comes in.
    Other choose an also cool solution, I-phone for personal fun and, blackberry as a phone, in that case i would rather have an I-pod4,.,.,anyways, there again is the Torch that comes in as the 'perfect peoples' phone;-).
    08-25-10 11:15 AM
    This is my 3rd Blackberry 8310 - 9700 - 9800. So far I have no complaints. It has been a work in progress for the last week getting it set up and arranged to my prefrences but so far it rocks
    08-25-10 11:36 AM
    On day three with my new Torch. I think it's a pretty nice BB. I've been using (and still am) a Storm 2 and it has been my trusty workhorse since January (still on my original). I use it mainly as a communication and PDA decice. I don't do games, themes or other useless things aside from facebook. Even that is just for keeping in touch, no games. Rhapsody is ok, but lately I've been getting an error after so many songs play.

Anyway, back to the Torch. I love the solid build. Call quality has been great with the phone as well as my jawbone. Screen texting is great, I default to suretype, don't really like condensed keys. Physical keyboard is were I slow down. It will take me a bit more time getting used to it. If I decide to keep it, I need to find a hardshell case to add some bulk. That is what has helped me text so much faster on my Storm 2. The trackpad is the best feature for any Storm user. Going back and makin corrections is such a joy now. On a Storm, it's the biggest pain.

It is obvious that the Torch is meant to be a social device from the get go. So much intergration with facebook, twitter etc. The web experience is decent. It still doesn't measure up to Android or iPhone, but that's fine for me. I need the device more for whtit does best, communications.

My only issue is now, What phone do I keep? My Storm is so familiar and has been great. The Torch is also perfect fo me (keyboard learning curve a must for me) I have no real issue with either carrier in the lehigh valley and I don't travel much. I do eventually want to go down to one carrier again. This is becoming an expensive hobby
    08-25-10 12:19 PM
    in addition to loving my Torch..
    i also love the 2 new commercials that they have..
    i just saw the second one last night..
    and it spells FUN.. Business with Fun..
    08-25-10 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD