Hello all, Im new to the site and I have a few questions.
    I currently have an HTC Inspire on the ATT network running 4G.
    I love this phone, its a beast of a phone wiping out all iphones and other droids that run speed test against me, this phone has yet to show me any software failures or hardware failures. Here's the problem, im not a huge phone junky, i enjoy all the options and games and what not from the app market, but honestly all i really care about is making sure my phones battery lasts me all day and some, and that i have reception wherever I go. My first smartphone was a bb 8310, and i loved it, great phone did everything i wanted it to. Well GF got a droid and i just had to check out the inspire. But i work in a Full metal building and for the first time in my smartphone career, i have horrible reception, never has this been an issue for me and to top it off, my battery gets me to 11 PM if im lucky, when i first got it it would go till about 6 pm, i was very dissapointed. But none the less this is an incredible phone performance wise, I do however miss my BB, the notification system the email setup, and the full custimization of the phone itself keep me coming back. I left the bb world around the time the torch came out and unfortuanantly didnt get to play with it very much at the store. Is this the phone I should be looking at? I do like the big touch screen and keyboard since iv come custom to a 4.3" screen bigger is better. I just dont want the thing to freeze up on me like my 8310 used to do. I want good battery life and good reception (Fairly good) whereever I go. Any suggestions, or am I stuck just waiting this new smartphone era out until the next great thing? Thanks and sorry for the long post.
    06-28-11 03:59 PM
    If it was me I would wait for the new devices to drop around the end of August or beginning of September. We have the new bold(same form factor as the original bold but with a touchscreen), the curve touch, and torch2. All boast upgraded specs and OS7.

If you really want the torch it will in no way compare to your original curve, OS6 and the large touchscreen makes the battery not quite as good as it was on the curve, but it does last me the entire day, and I simply love the form factor, touchscreen with a trackpad and full hardware qwerty keyboard is a winner in my eyes.
    06-28-11 07:18 PM
    If it was me I would wait for the new devices to drop around the end of August or beginning of September. We have the new bold(same form factor as the original bold but with a touchscreen), the curve touch, and torch2. All boast upgraded specs and OS7.

If you really want the torch it will in no way compare to your original curve, OS6 and the large touchscreen makes the battery not quite as good as it was on the curve, but it does last me the entire day, and I simply love the form factor, touchscreen with a trackpad and full hardware qwerty keyboard is a winner in my eyes.

Well said. I would wait for the Torch two, as well if I was in the same situation. With the 1GHZ processor and the 700ish RAM, you would be accustom to the speed. Its not anything like your Inspire but it would be a night and day from a 9800 like mine. The better screen on the torch 2 and HD video recording are all plus's that are worth waiting for. So just wait things out and you'll be back with push email, and BBM soon enough. =P
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    06-28-11 10:06 PM
    Alright sounds cool, when is the torch 2 supposed to come out? will it be available on AT&T?
    06-28-11 11:40 PM
    More than likely will be available on AT&T as it's the carrier it was made for in the U.S.

The Torch 9800 works well for me and gives me excellent battery life. I do only use it for email, but I notice of all my devices, the connection is the best with the Torch.
    06-29-11 12:22 AM
    Wait for the T2 but also look at the updated Bold. Having so much screen real estate and both a virtual and physical keyboard will be hard to give up. The larger updated Bold keyboard is not a dealbreaker IMO. Until then, go into an AT&T store and play with a T1.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-11 06:51 AM
    Well does anybody know the release date of the torch 2?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-11 11:25 AM
    Ha man if i had a date i would have something to shoot for, otherwise im itchin pretty hard just to get torch, but thatll use up my renewel, is it even said to come out this year?
    07-01-11 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD