When I take a picture I would like the camera/phone to stay silent. Any suggestions? I've failed trying to figure it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-11 02:55 PM
    There is no way to turn off the snap sound. This has been discussed several times in several threads.
    Mr.G and justineporter like this.
    08-04-11 03:12 PM
    camera mute app - search for it in this thread it works

EDIT: in this forum i meant
    08-04-11 03:37 PM
    camera mute app - search for it in this thread it works

EDIT: in this forum i meant
    As I stated in my previous post, There is no app that can mute the camera shutter sound on the torch.

Have a look at this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9800-a-535837/

CheetahAce and BBA are 2 of the best devs for BB, and they both posted it cannot be done on the torch.
    Mr.G likes this.
    08-04-11 04:50 PM
    thanks
    dumb huh..
    08-10-11 06:20 AM
    sorry I didnt search and find that answer.. impatient ******* I am!
    08-10-11 06:21 AM
    A way to make the shutter sound a lot quieter is to first make a call (like to your voicemail) and keep the line open. You can then use your camera and the shutter sound is probably 95% lower ;-)

08-10-11 11:30 AM
    ...b-t-w....apparently only perverts ask this question
    08-10-11 12:15 PM
    Theres an app for that on crackberry`s appstore! i hate the snap sound!!!

But on BB main system, NO WAY :/

=)
    08-11-11 10:37 AM
    Step 1 - Set phone ringer to "Silent"
    Step 2 - Dial Voicemail (If phone is not set to Silent in Step 1 you will hear a musical tone as it dials)
    Step 3 - Mute call
    Step 4 - Press Side Convenience Key and Confirm "Continue call and exit to Camera"
    Step 5 - Take photographs.

In my experience you have a little less than 60 seconds before the Voicemail call is disconnected, at which time you will need to repeat Steps 2 through 4.

Note that the LED will still light up and the Flash may still go off so it's not like you can take "stealth" photographs. All this does is temporarily mute the annoyingly loud, fake-sounding shutter click that always seems to draw you a couple of disapproving looks from those seated around you who are trying to enjoy the concert, wedding, etc.
    08-12-11 10:23 AM
    Theres an app for that on crackberry`s appstore! i hate the snap sound!!!

But on BB main system, NO WAY :/

=)
    I can't find it, can u specify ? It will help everyone!

08-13-11 08:40 AM
    ...b-t-w....apparently only perverts ask this question
    Why would you that???????? There is nothing more annoying than listening to that click sound when you are in quiet place or taking pics at your kids grad.

Guess only perverts think like that.
    08-13-11 10:34 AM
    They do this for a reason. To comply with some law or something. Personally, I don't mind it. ...although, I do have my moments where I'd love to silence the shutter sound, but it helps me resist the temptations of covert photography. Hehehe,

08-13-11 02:13 PM
    Why would you that???????? There is nothing more annoying than listening to that click sound when you are in quiet place or taking pics at your kids grad.

Guess only perverts think like that.
    Flashes aren't a problem though.

Remember when cell phones with cameras were once banned from change rooms. Manufacturers' development teams must have individuals privacy in mind. When it comes to that "annoying" sound.
    08-13-11 06:02 PM
    While I agree with all the above posts, there is a workaround to this issue... Use a screenshop app (ie: captureit) to take a screenshot of your device's screen, rather then pressing the 'take picture' button on your device...

08-15-11 06:41 AM
    The snap sound isn't really that bad, I don't understand why everyone wants to take silent pictures.

08-15-11 06:50 AM
    The snap sound isn't really that bad, I don't understand why everyone wants to take silent pictures.

Probablly a bunch of perverts and creepers I bet... Personally, if it were me taking pictures at "my child's graduation" or a "wedding" I would use an actual digital camera, and not my cell phone camera... Just sayin

08-15-11 06:57 AM
    You guys say pervert like it's a a bad thing
    08-15-11 09:21 AM
    You guys say pervert like it's a a bad thing
    ....no judgement was implied....
    08-15-11 12:41 PM
    i use shortcutme app with a shortcut that dials my voicemail and then opens camera. which mutes the sound when taking a pic, you have about 50 sec to use till voicemail disconnects, etc.
    08-15-11 09:00 PM
    this the effective way to disable the shutter on bb.. first you need any equipment that can open the phone next open the unit and remove the speaker.. that's it do that on your own risk never do that though..
    04-21-13 02:58 AM
    Wow, the last activity in this thread before yours was on 08-15-2011, at 11:00 PM.
    04-21-13 03:33 AM
    Try wearing a bluetooth earpiece or wired headset. U know for sure the sound us routed to the BT when you snap a picture.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 03:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD