It seems when I connect to DM ( at least I suspect this is when it happens ) I am getting duplicates of my music added to the Torch. I have a good amount of memory but still don't want to waste it this way. How do I stop this from happening? Also I noticed today that all my old contacts from my old 8350i was now in my contact book which also made 2 entries for all the ones I had added on my new phone. I deleted them out but want to be sure not to have it happen again. So what is the trick or steps to keep this from happening?
    03-31-11 07:56 AM
    Duplicate songs I can't help you with, although I'm assuming your syncing, and I don't ever sync.

As far as your duplicate contact's, AT&T address book is the culprit here. If you do a quich search(here on the forums) there is a way to stop it from syncing your contacts.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=551203
    tumblingdice03 likes this.
    03-31-11 08:04 AM
    I have not liked this ATT Contact book from the start due to how it set up and did my hotmail contacts into the book ( didn't need it as I had already added emails in the original contacts) then when I deleted those off the phone I was surprised to see them gone from my Live Messenger on my pc. I would delete the ATT address book but I don't see any other contact book on the Torch. It's beginning to look as if connecting to DM is something I won't want to be doing lol.
    03-31-11 08:19 AM
    AT&T address book integrates itself into your normal contacts apps, deleting it via the procedure I posted will only delete the duplicates as well as stop it from integrating into your normal contacts app.
    03-31-11 08:21 AM
    Seems that worked great for the contacts, thanks! Anyone have any idea about the music? I set it up for wireless synch if that matters but I think it's duplicating when I connected my phone to charge on my pc recently. Almost all songs that I did wireless I now have 2 of and in some cases 3!
    03-31-11 08:45 AM
    not sure of an easy way to solve the music issue... your best bet would be to disable syncing. delete the duplicates, and then just add your music manually (drag and drop to removable media)
    03-31-11 09:01 AM
    I was having the same issue with duplicate music, so I disabled syncing and that took care of it. I add my music using the Windows Media Player (drag & dropping it) and have had zero issues.
    03-31-11 09:04 AM
    Thanks I just went and disabled syncing.....but it sure was nice to see how the wireless sync worked! Oh well, maybe later if there is a fix to stop duplicates I can try it again.
    03-31-11 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD