How to share a video from a Blackberry Torch 9800: without uploading to YouTube?
    The only options to send are 1) Upload to YouTube 2) Messenger Contact, and 3) Bluetooth... and when I try to attach it to an Email it says the video "exceeds the maximum allowed attachment size" - even though the video is only a few seconds long...

I would just like to share the video with friends - either by message, email or even facebook - without having to first upload it to YouTube.... It seems as though a phone with this type of technology you would not need to use a third party (YouTube) to share a simple video.... PLEASE HELP!
    10-21-10 11:02 AM
    It must be more than a few seconds long..I just did some testing and when I selected a video which was 17s long..it gave me the option for Youtube, Email, Messenger, or Whatsapp (IM app), and Bluetooth. I selected email and it sent fine. However..when I tried to select a vid over 50s long..it wouldn't give Email as an option..but at 40s it would. So my conclusion is it will only attach videos of approx 40s in length and none bigger.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-10 11:23 AM
    You can upload videos to Facebook from the Torch as you would from a PC if you to go the full FB site on your browser. (You have to go to the bottom of the page at touch.facebook.com to access the full site otherwise you'll be redirected to the mobile site.)
    10-21-10 11:33 AM
    I selected a video that was only 15 seconds long and I still only have the 3 options - YouTube, Messenger and Bluetooth... Could possibly be a memory issue?... Although, the videos I would really like to share are approx 2 min....
    10-21-10 11:37 AM
    I was able to attach a 17-second video to an email but not a 43-second.

I guess it just depends on how long the video is.

Alternatively, you could use the browser to access your email on the web and compose an email there then attach the file the same way you would from a computer.

This worked for me using Gmail...I sent a 24 MB video taken on my phone as an email attachment to another email address.
    albrunzell likes this.
    10-21-10 11:43 AM
    I'm thinking unfortunately that you may need to transfer these videos to a PC (that are 2min long) and send from there..unless someone else knows a setting or something that can be changed (or an app perhaps). All in all I'm not overly familiar with sending videos other than the occasional short one thru BBM or Whatsapp.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-10 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD