Ok guys, am I the only one having the hardest time ever getting the battery out of the phone. I have fake nails and all the pulling isnt working. Some say dig it out, some say tap it out..nothing works. I even dropped the phone with the back cover off and nothing. Please help someone I used a knife to pry it out and it didnt work (not a sharp one)
    10-31-10 08:41 PM
    I take out the battery by inserting my nail in the crevice along the battery on the right side and yanking it out.
    10-31-10 08:53 PM
    Thats the part i've been trying to get it out by..
    10-31-10 09:02 PM
    I called tech support the first day I had the phone for an unrelated problem, the agent said "remove the battery", and I spent a good five minutes trying. Now that it's been done a bunch of times (purposely to loosen the mock-vaccuum seal they made on mine) it's much easier. Keep trying and give it a good tug the first time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-10 10:21 PM
    ... and give it a good tug...
    *giggle*

He told "nikki starr" to... uuuuuh-huh-uh-uh...

11-01-10 01:00 AM
    must admit I've never had so much trouble removing a battery from a phone. But I did it within a minute of trial...you gotta put your fingernail in one of the 4 corners then pull out...try them corner by corner....until u find the right one
    11-01-10 01:08 AM
    Ok guys, am I the only one having the hardest time ever getting the battery out of the phone. I have fake nails and all the pulling isnt working. Some say dig it out, some say tap it out..nothing works. I even dropped the phone with the back cover off and nothing. Please help someone I used a knife to pry it out and it didnt work (not a sharp one)
    At the top of the right side of the phone (as you're facing the back of the phone), there's a definite notch. I pull with my fingernail at that part of the battery. IIRC, the first couple of times required a knife or nail file to lever it out because of a tight fit. After a few times, the battery still has a tight enough fit that having the cover off with the battery facing down, you can shake the phone & the battery won't come out. But, by then, it can easily be pulled out.
    11-01-10 01:27 AM
    CFI had this prob too.
    I found a notch on the right side(of flash) you'll notice if look.
    I just use my thumb nail,& apply a little presure.
    The battery pops out enough where u can pull it out.
    It's tighter then my bold was, but not impossibllemle.
    Once u get the hang of it, you'll have no problems doing it.

11-01-10 01:39 AM
    Ok..I cant get the battery out. I brought it into Bell and the neither of the two attendants could remove the battery. We pried it out and in doing so it cause some minor insignificant damage. I sent it in with specific notation on the device that the battery could not be removed. So what do they do? They kept my battery and sent back the device with a little sticker on it indicating physical damage! So now Bell says its a device problem (which it is) and RIM wont look at it because of the physical damage. What do I do? This is ridiculous.
    03-29-11 08:54 PM
    i use a small flathead screwdriver. and yes, it does cause minor, insignificant damage. i try to use quick pull whenever possible instead of taking the battery out.
    03-29-11 09:45 PM
    I agree.. Its not easy to pull out the battery.

What I did was, I put a small scotch tape on the battery. So I just pull the tape along with the battery and the battery is out... Very simple trick

- Charles
    Last edited by chaddeus; 03-29-11 at 09:52 PM.
    03-29-11 09:49 PM
    Ok..I cant get the battery out. I brought it into Bell and the neither of the two attendants could remove the battery. We pried it out and in doing so it cause some minor insignificant damage. I sent it in with specific notation on the device that the battery could not be removed. So what do they do? They kept my battery and sent back the device with a little sticker on it indicating physical damage! So now Bell says its a device problem (which it is) and RIM wont look at it because of the physical damage. What do I do? This is ridiculous.
    Even though the damage is insignificant once the service center deems it physical its placed on file for your device so even if you try to send it again, you are kinda SOL. Sorry

If the sales reps in that store couldn't remove the battery you should have found someone who could've without prying it out
    03-29-11 10:41 PM
    ...inserting my nail in the crevice....
    You just know that's gonna hurt.

The first time is definitely the hardest, but after you've done it a few times, you'll be a pro. I used a butter knife the first time. Good luck
    Last edited by BlackStormRising; 03-29-11 at 11:08 PM.
    03-29-11 11:05 PM
    I agree.. Its not easy to pull out the battery.

What I did was, I put a small scotch tape on the battery. So I just pull the tape along with the battery and the battery is out... Very simple trick

- Charles
    Ve-ry clever.

03-29-11 11:25 PM
    I had a hard time getting my cover off ( still do ) but the battery came out easy on mine just pulling at that little crevice.
    bbvj likes this.
    03-29-11 11:36 PM
    Alternatively, after you've taken the cover off, turn the phone over and tap the camera area lightly on your index finger. The battery will just fall out.
    03-30-11 03:12 AM
    I have soent ages tryng to get it to come!
    03-30-11 08:10 AM
    I had massive trouble doing this. I bought it a few weeks back and it's been frozen for 2 hours. It took me 30 mins to get the cover open, and 45 mins to attempt to get the battery out. My friend simply said...

Hit it against your hand.
    It worked like a charm with 1 light hit.
    02-21-12 11:39 AM
    very, very simple this one - download the app called 'QuickPull' and it does it for you!

Not actually removing the battery (obvs) but it does a 'battery pull' - same thing, works great, like when an IT support person says turn your computer off and on again

No need to ever hack away at your battery again with nails / heavy machinery
    02-22-12 06:34 AM
    i just put my thumb nails in top end and pressed the cover popped off
    02-26-12 08:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD