OK since I'm in Saudi Arabia and never going to use the AT&T stuff like visual voice mail and AT&T contact syncing thing, is there a way to remove this stuff?
    08-27-10 03:46 AM
    All ya can do is just create a folder in ya app screen and then name it wahtever, mine is called hidden and then move all those unused apps into that folder and then hide that folder.

Thnx, �Tripster�

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-10 04:01 AM
    With OS 6 you have better control over applications you can delete some in your options>Device>Applications management screen. Or hook up to Desktop Manager, I think there are a couple that you just cannot get rid of, as stated by Tripster make a folder and hide them.
    08-27-10 08:46 AM
    I don't think you can remove any of the AT&T branded applications from the phone. Same goes for some of the demo games that came with the device.

08-27-10 08:51 AM
    You can't uninstall the apps that are pushed via service books(the VPL apps, which aren't apps but shortcuts) but can uninstall the games via BBSAK/BBmcp/Shrink-A-OS.

Thnx, �Tripster�

08-27-10 08:55 AM
    Demo's, telenav, games etc are servicebook controlled and only appear if you're on at&t's network. If you're not on at&t they don't get pushed to you.

All the rest of the junk (vvm, wallpapers etc) can be removed using blackberry master control program and shrinking the OS.

The only two built in games are Brickbreaker and wordmole, those too can be stripped out.

I don't think you can remove any of the AT&T branded applications from the phone. Same goes for some of the demo games that came with the device.

08-27-10 08:57 AM
    Ironically, I removed them via SOS and after a reboot, I had a few of them back.
    08-27-10 08:57 AM
    Ironically, I removed them via SOS and after a reboot, I had a few of them back.
    I would assume those are the ones being pushed.
    08-27-10 09:55 AM
    What is a blackberry master control program? Would love to remove the two most annoying junk, AT&T Address Book and Visual Voice Mail.

Thanks.

Demo's, telenav, games etc are servicebook controlled and only appear if you're on at&t's network. If you're not on at&t they don't get pushed to you.

All the rest of the junk (vvm, wallpapers etc) can be removed using blackberry master control program and shrinking the OS.

The only two built in games are Brickbreaker and wordmole, those too can be stripped out.
    08-27-10 10:29 AM
    That's funny...I have a "hidden" folder too! I also have a "garbage" folder which is also hidden, haha.
    08-27-10 02:52 PM
    That's funny...I have a "hidden" folder too! I also have a "garbage" folder which is also hidden, haha.
    LOL, same thing here, mines called "AT&T Junk".
    08-28-10 06:46 AM
    Junk has some use. (Ask Fred Sanford.) That's why I call mine "AT&T Crap." Because it's all crap.
    08-28-10 07:07 AM
    idk for some reason i actually reloaded my phone an all that **** wass gone i scratched my head....but when i loaded up my back up file it came back =[
    08-28-10 06:09 PM
    LOL, same thing here, mines called "AT&T Junk".
    Mine too lol!

08-29-10 12:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD