I am going to try to explain this as simple as possible. I have a BB Torch with a micro SD card. I work for a company that has IT policy which requires me to change my password all the time and somehow the encryption on my SDcard is not the same password as my device and I have no idea when this happened so therefor have no idea what password is on the SD card. I have contacted my IT department and well they are completely no help. They just say that issue is not supported by our IT department (GREAT!!!)

I have a number of photos that are on my SD card that I want/need that have the .rem which I can't open since well I have no idea which password is assocated with them. I have tried the BB desktop software but that didn't work.... I tried to copy them.... that just give me an error "failed to decrypt pading byte out of range".... I have no idea where to go.

Does anyone know a way to decrypt these files or is there a software that I can use to access and save these photos.

Thank you so much.
    05-13-14 12:25 PM
    I am going to try to explain this as simple as possible. I have a BB Torch with a micro SD card. I work for a company that has IT policy which requires me to change my password all the time and somehow the encryption on my SDcard is not the same password as my device and I have no idea when this happened so therefor have no idea what password is on the SD card. I have contacted my IT department and well they are completely no help. They just say that issue is not supported by our IT department (GREAT!!!)

I have a number of photos that are on my SD card that I want/need that have the .rem which I can't open since well I have no idea which password is assocated with them. I have tried the BB desktop software but that didn't work.... I tried to copy them.... that just give me an error "failed to decrypt pading byte out of range".... I have no idea where to go.

Does anyone know a way to decrypt these files or is there a software that I can use to access and save these photos.

Thank you so much.
    Sorry but if it were easy to decrypt files... there would be no reason to do it.

Your password should be one of your previous passwords that you used. If you go to setting and turn off the encryption on the SD card - assuming you have access to this feature... and try the current or previous passwords... what happens?
    05-13-14 01:08 PM
    I can't turn off encryption on phone which in turn cant turn off encryption on the SD card. I am not sure if there are any third party software prgrams out there that i can use like Elcomsoft... I just have NO idea which is the right one.
    05-13-14 01:16 PM
    If you can not remember the password, you can not decrypt the files.

Elcomsoft claims to crack a Blackberry backup file. Not the encrypted device.
    05-14-14 11:35 PM
    Hi op sadly there isn't a way to retrieve them I looked for ages as my colleagues were always doing this themselves. Usually just changing password on the same device doesn't do it though? What they used to do was switch to a new device, wipe there old one then they couldn't view anything from the old device. As I say i don't believe there is a solution, the only advice I can offer is to make sure that before changing a password or device next time use desktop manager to move the photos to your pc.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 01:48 AM