The reason I am asking this is because once the official is released, its so easy to install. All you have to do is plug your BB into the computer and all is done.

Thank you guys!

regards,

AP
    01-30-11 05:10 AM
    There's no way to tell. Carriers release OS updates whenever they have completed testing and decide that the OS update is good for their network.

AFAIK, most carriers are still using OS 6.0.0.246 even though 6.0.0.337 has been available for months.
    01-30-11 05:21 AM
    Tks TLS,

I have Vodafone netherlands and they updated 337 about 2 weeks after the leaked version.
    I will wait another 1-2 weeks, otherwise i will install the leaked myself.

regards
    01-30-11 05:25 AM
    Tks TLS,

I have Vodafone netherlands and they updated 337 about 2 weeks after the leaked version.
    I will wait another 1-2 weeks, otherwise i will install the leaked myself.

regards
    Lucky you, in Canada all three carriers are still running .246. My buddy just got his phone Wednesday, and now I've done 2 updates for him.
    01-30-11 10:37 AM
    At least your buddy will let you put a leaked OS on his phone. I have a buddy who wouldn't allow OS 5 onto his 9000 because Rogers hadn't officially released it. I was running OS 5 for over a year before he got it.
    01-30-11 11:34 AM
    At least your buddy will let you put a leaked OS on his phone. I have a buddy who wouldn't allow OS 5 onto his 9000 because Rogers hadn't officially released it. I was running OS 5 for over a year before he got it.

its just fear, you should show him the benefits and let him use your phone for a while he will thank you for it.
    02-02-11 01:23 AM
    WOW!!!! That's too funny. I have a psycho friend like that too. lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-11 04:42 AM
    Lol too funny! I used to be that guy...it took me till this year to try a leaked OS when I upgraded to .450 last week. I have been always been scared of frying my phone lol.

02-02-11 05:28 AM
    Lucky you, in Canada all three carriers are still running .246. My buddy just got his phone Wednesday, and now I've done 2 updates for him.
    Yea, I got my Torch last weekend (29-30th Jan), and I still had .246 on it, I'm on Bell mobility network, the same day I upgraded to .450!

I didnt have the time to notice any difference, but loving the Torch!

I really wonder when they will make it official for Canadian carriers!

JP
    02-02-11 07:32 AM
    Lol too funny! I used to be that guy...it took me till this year to try a leaked OS when I upgraded to .450 last week. I have been always been scared of frying my phone lol.

You cant really fry your phone, you can brick it, but there's a procedure to unbrick it... I've bricked my Storm2 a couple times and was always able to load an OS to it and use it after!

JP
    02-02-11 07:33 AM
    As a newbie to the wonderful world of BB, I too was unsure of using a leaked OS upgrade just because of the warnings that the update may not be better and the bugs that may occur. As a newbie I was afraid of screwing up the upgrade process and losing the use of my phone.

Well needless to say I have upgraded and have screwed up the process (installing the hybrid) but have since made the necessary adjustments to get the phone's features up and running. Thanks to the help and patience of Suprah, my KOE was corrected. Now my phone is running smoothly and with some aspects improved over the stock OS .246.

Getting ready to update to .450 and then put the Hybrid on top of that.
    02-02-11 08:03 AM
    on the 8900, I had OS 5.0 for a full year before rogers decide to release it.
    02-02-11 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD