On an average-use day, my 9800 uses less than 1% per hour. If I have to stretch the battery out, I can make almost 4 days draining it down to 10%. On a heavy-use day with lots of OWA-mail use and phone calls it will use between 2 and 2.5% per hour giving me 2 days of use.

My first battery lasted me 18 months before it started to give out and needed to be replaced.
    Are you using a hybrid OS?
    11-21-12 02:50 PM
    wow i must be doing something majorly wrong my 9800 gives me about 4-5 hours from a full charge. i full charge and leave for work at 7 and by 11 with moderate usage i'm in the red and have to charge it.
    11-21-12 09:33 PM
    Are you using a hybrid OS?
    I'm not sure what a hybrid OS is, but I'm pretty sure the answer is no. I have been on .448 since it came out and recently upgraded to .747 which was pushed through Telus this month.
    11-23-12 10:34 PM
    wow i must be doing something majorly wrong my 9800 gives me about 4-5 hours from a full charge. i full charge and leave for work at 7 and by 11 with moderate usage i'm in the red and have to charge it.
    Something is wrong for sure. If you look at what's eating your battery power by going to Options => Device => Application Management and then scroll to the CPU tab, you can look at the CPU usage for the last week on your phone. When I look at this week, I see that the biggest user of CPU-time is the Messages application (14m27s). Next is the System Software (11m8s). Next is BeBuzz (4m1s). Then Blackberry Bridge (3m59s). Then Home Screen (3m 42s). Then Password Lock (3m18s). Then WeatherBug (2m33s). Then AppWorld (50.2s). Then a number of other things all under 30 seconds. Total CPU-time for the week has been 47m34s.

I use my device for work and personal, so it doesn't get any breaks along the way.

My guess would be that if you look at your CPU log you'll find something (or some things) that are eating an awful lot of power. It would be worth deleting them or trying to address the power drain that they're causing.

If the numbers are all reasonable, then your battery is sacked and needs replacing.
    11-23-12 10:45 PM
    After two year of tweaking the phone. It now lasts about 3 days.

What i find is, don't use any battery tracking apps, locking app, weather apps. Delete all music and video files.
    That last one was a hard one, but there seems to be a lot of process going on scanning and building the music overview.
    LOL. I think this is VAGUE!!
    12-07-12 08:13 AM
    just received a refurbed Torch 9810. Came with battery (FS-1) and all accessories. I plugged it in put my Sim card in, and started setup. The battery indicator was at less than half? I would think that the battery would be new? I figured it would charge up. While I was settingup phone, it was working but after some updates and email problems the phone just died?! I could not turn it on again. I have put it on charging AC/USB and after an hour, still will not turn on? Is the phone toast and should I send it back or try what?
    bill
    02-27-17 10:29 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD