Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    07-21-12 10:02 AM
    Mine usually lasts about 2 days with lots of use
    07-21-12 09:44 PM
    Well, I got my Torch in November '11. So far about 9ish months with no problems.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    07-21-12 10:16 PM
    15hrs with very heavy use per charge. I have 2 batteries and notice that my original battery dies faster about 12hrs of use. So now I use the new battery every day and swap in the old one when I need more than 15hrs in a day. Original battery is now 1.5 years old
    07-22-12 01:35 PM
    I have three batteries for my Torch. The original and two 2430 mAh.
    They all last about 36 hours regardless of whether I use them allot or hardly at all.

I cant wait till the perforated batteries are released.
    07-22-12 04:47 PM
    My lord so much use? Really? My battery must be faulty or something because I have insane battery draines usually. And I don't use it that extensively, a bit of music, occasional browsing and e-mail checking and chatting through either Whatsapp and a little BBM. Yet if I charge it completely it is probably down to 10-15% after less than 8 hours orso. And logically at night it goes down only 20% after 8 hours of sitting there on my desk.

Something is draining very fast for me, could it be Whatsapp?
    07-23-12 03:47 AM
    I have three batteries for my Torch. The original and two 2430 mAh.
    They all last about 36 hours regardless of whether I use them allot or hardly at all.

I cant wait till the perforated batteries are released.
    Hey man, where did you get those 2430 mAh batteries? I'm a heavy user and my battery lasts 10-12 hours at the most with a full charge; often times I go ~7-8 hours at the most. At such times, it's so embarrasing since I cant carry around a charger/USB cord all the time.
    07-23-12 11:45 AM
    Mine lasts for a day of medium to heavy use.
    07-23-12 02:23 PM
    My lord so much use? Really? My battery must be faulty or something because I have insane battery draines usually. And I don't use it that extensively, a bit of music, occasional browsing and e-mail checking and chatting through either Whatsapp and a little BBM. Yet if I charge it completely it is probably down to 10-15% after less than 8 hours orso. And logically at night it goes down only 20% after 8 hours of sitting there on my desk.

Something is draining very fast for me, could it be Whatsapp?
    Sometimes it's not just the battery, the screen brightness and running things when you use them (closing apps, wifi) will also effect on your battery life.
    07-29-12 01:57 AM
    With 2 Torches in the house I can say standard batteries do not last more than a day ( cannot say how many hours precisely). For each phone I have two batteries and we have to charge each phone overnight every day not to be caught by a surprises
    Just bare in mind we have Torches since the release day and the batteries are still in pretty good shape.
    07-29-12 07:19 AM
    Sometimes your Themes take up alot of Battery. so becareful.

#StayBlessed
    07-31-12 03:29 PM
    My battery gets unplugged around 10:30 at night lasts until around 6pm the following day
    08-02-12 04:07 PM
    If I'm lucky ......12-14 hours tops
    08-04-12 10:01 AM
    If i start my day at 6:35 AM so... no longer then 19:00 PM until i have to charge him.

but i defiantly work all day with my 9800
    08-04-12 10:20 AM
    I charge up my battery from 30-50% every second night.

Average monthly use: 30MB data (good thing I got that 6GB data plan...) and about 160 minutes of talk. 160 text messages.
    08-04-12 12:55 PM
    Hey man, where did you get those 2430 mAh batteries? I'm a heavy user and my battery lasts 10-12 hours at the most with a full charge; often times I go ~7-8 hours at the most. At such times, it's so embarrasing since I cant carry around a charger/USB cord all the time.
    There off ebay. I've got two, there not actually 2430mah, its fake marketing, they last slightly longer then original but no where near 2430mah
    08-04-12 01:01 PM
    full charge should last you the day. i guess. since its not full touch phone so it wont take up that much battery.
    08-15-12 03:54 AM
    I had an extra paranoid secure Canadian government issued Torch in my previous job, that would easily get 3-4 days of sometimes heavy use out of a charge. It would easily last a week on light use.

I am now using my wife's hand-me-down Torch that only gets 2 days on relatively light use.

I suspect apps might explain the difference. The work Blackberry was seriously locked down and you could not install anything at all from App World or locally.

I don't think it is the radio or the carrier, as coworkers would be using the same phone on different carriers (e.g. Telus, Bell or Rogers).

The other difference might be the use of BES vs. BIS.
    09-06-12 12:04 AM
    With an average day of use, the Torch 9850 lasts up to a day and a half. If I really wanted to, I could make it last 2 days just only using it when really needed. With the new "Battery Saver Mode" and "Application Resource Monitor," it really helps conserve the battery.
    09-06-12 12:30 AM
    My battery life is so terrible! In the mornings (with a full charge) I use it for music getting ready for work, squeeze in a few "Gems" games during work, texting, maybe a few quick phone calls and then I usually have to start charging my phone again before the work day is over. When I use the camera, it totally drains the battery. I've had the phone for a few years so I guess it's time for a new battery, or a new phone.
    11-04-12 07:41 PM
    3G only connection = 12-16 hours continuous use (new battery) with battery saver app loaded
    3G + WiFi connection = 6-8 hours continuous use (new battery) with battery saver app loaded

BB Torch 9800 version OS loaded is v6.0 Bundle 2647

Battery Saver app is Battery Booster - check it out in BB App World on your device.

Continuous use includes Calls/SMS/BBM/Browsing/Pictures/Video and loading launching many apps i.e. Weather/Traffic/ESPN/CNN/Email multiple accounts
    11-06-12 01:35 PM
    After two year of tweaking the phone. It now lasts about 3 days.

What i find is, don't use any battery tracking apps, locking app, weather apps. Delete all music and video files.
    That last one was a hard one, but there seems to be a lot of process going on scanning and building the music overview.
    11-11-12 09:29 AM
    Any of you guys tried to uncheck data compression? Options>Device>Storage>uncheck "Enable Compression". That did the trick for me. I had insane battery drain, but not anymore
    11-14-12 01:07 PM
    I've done a few things listed here today and just with my bluetooth in my car and 2 phone calls the battery went from 80 percent to boop boop boop boop boop red. I got rid of whatsup and foursquare so really all I have running is a few email accounts and two twitter accounts. Two phone calls shouldn't kill my battery so I'm at a loss..
    do I get a new battery and try again?
    11-16-12 11:21 AM
    On an average-use day, my 9800 uses less than 1% per hour. If I have to stretch the battery out, I can make almost 4 days draining it down to 10%. On a heavy-use day with lots of OWA-mail use and phone calls it will use between 2 and 2.5% per hour giving me 2 days of use.

My first battery lasted me 18 months before it started to give out and needed to be replaced.
    11-21-12 12:29 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD