I placed a call earlier today, that lasted 23 minutes. It was on 3g the entire time, and was sitting on my desk, sort of propped at an angle so I can read it by glancing at it. The back wasnt fully on the desk, the phone was leaning on a monitor stand, so most of the back was off the desk. At a crisp 69 degrees in my office, I hung up the phone, was using bluetooth, and put my hand on the phone for the first time since starting the call.

It was HOT. I mean borderline uncomfortable to hold, it was that hot. I had 90%+ battery pre call, 15% post. Thats pretty abnormal isnt it? The torch is a week old, Im thinking of just doing a return/swap with ATT. I replaced a 9700 with the torch, and didnt have anywhere near the heat level on the 9700. I mean, it was hot enough I wouldnt have held it to my face, and I dont see 23 minutes as a 'long' call.
    10-26-10 03:38 PM
    Very abnormal. The torch will get warm with prolonged use but not typical to have the huge battery discharge at the same time. I would see if it happens again, could be a combination of multiple tasks running or something. A new battery could solve the issue, but since the phone is less than a month old best bet would be to get it new in an exchange.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-10 04:05 PM
    So I have noticed my torch runs hot as well. Sometimes I am just browsing the web for 20 minutes and it gets hot. I have noticed mostly when I am connected to WiFi it seems the hotest. Also when using GPS it got hot as well My old BB's have gotten hot when using GPS as well so that didnt bother me too much. but when I started to notice it with BBM I think there is a bigger issue.

Just recently it got so hot that it turned off and reset. In one area I can see it getting hot, because I am consistently going from 3g, to edge to no signal but that is once every 2 weeks i am there.

I think i am going to try a replacement device, speaking to my friends and one neighbour his never gets hot.
    10-26-10 04:23 PM
    Sounds like a good plan. Mine too gets warm, or what I consider warm. I do not have a quick drained battery, but I get heat while using wifi or on a long call. The heat is not hot enough to burn me but is warm to the touch. I've never had it restart due to a high temp though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-10 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD