Ok so just got my 32 gig Kingston MicroSD card and put it in my Torch. Now when I use my media sync to add my music it still only says I can add 4 gig worth of stuff. What am I missing??
    10-16-10 11:19 AM
    the 4 gig is the internal memory

go inside option, device, storage and check if media card support is on
    10-16-10 11:24 AM
    Yes media card support and compression is checked

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-10 11:31 AM
    Ok so just got my 32 gig Kingston MicroSD card and put it in my Torch. Now when I use my media sync to add my music it still only says I can add 4 gig worth of stuff. What am I missing??
    when you open my computer after connecting your usb, there should be two drives in there and for me the G drive was my memory card and the H drive was my internal, so i just opened the G drive and dragged the songs from my laptop and put them in the music folder under G drive...you can do the same while using WMP as the two drives are shown in there also
    10-16-10 04:23 PM
    when you open my computer after connecting your usb, there should be two drives in there and for me the G drive was my memory card and the H drive was my internal, so i just opened the G drive and dragged the songs from my laptop and put them in the music folder under G drive...you can do the same while using WMP as the two drives are shown in there also
    Thanks for the suggestion. When I do it that way when I put the card back iinto the BB it says the new meDia card has errors and I have to repair it, but even after I repair it, it tells me there are errors and to repair it again, and keeps making me repair it. Sigh. I'm so frustrated with this, I love this torch but this is annoying! Lol

10-16-10 06:57 PM
    This is not a Torch issue. This is an operator error issue.

Put the SD card in your Torch. Connect it to you computer via USB. TWO, drives will show; one being the Torches internal memory, the other being the SD card. Open the Blackberry folder on your USB mounted SD card, then the Music folder. Drag and drop to here.

You shouldn't need to repair or anything to your SD card. It has files on it, that the Torch cant/doesnt need to read. That's where your error is. Mine says it too. I hit okay when it warns me as I boot, then it never bugs me again.

10-16-10 07:04 PM
    Did you buy this card cheap off eBay?

I had a similar thing with an eBay card. You got screwed. Move on :-(
    10-16-10 07:24 PM
    Did you buy this card cheap off eBay?

I had a similar thing with an eBay card. You got screwed. Move on :-(
    Nope bought a Kingston 32g from TigerDirect

10-17-10 08:30 AM
    This is not a Torch issue. This is an operator error issue.

Put the SD card in your Torch. Connect it to you computer via USB. TWO, drives will show; one being the Torches internal memory, the other being the SD card. Open the Blackberry folder on your USB mounted SD card, then the Music folder. Drag and drop to here.

You shouldn't need to repair or anything to your SD card. It has files on it, that the Torch cant/doesnt need to read. That's where your error is. Mine says it too. I hit okay when it warns me as I boot, then it never bugs me again.

Ok did this step by step, put a bunch of music and pics in the correct folders and went to play some music and none of it it there.

10-17-10 08:32 AM
    Try putting a single mp3 track in the music folder
    10-17-10 08:51 AM
    Ok did this step by step, put a bunch of music and pics in the correct folders and went to play some music and none of it it there.

Go to your Media home tab on your Torch, with the SD card loaded in it, hit the options key and Explore. Navigate to Media Card - Blackberry - Music (or pictures) and tell me if you have any files displayed there. This (Torch/Media Card/Blackberry/Music - or /pictures) is the root directory where your media files should be stored.

10-17-10 02:24 PM
    Nope bought a Kingston 32g from TigerDirect

I've been looking for a 32 GB card. I don't see it on Tiger's website. Do you have a link?

10-17-10 03:40 PM
    Ok so here's where I am with this.

I plug in my torch to my comp, choose Sync Media then in my Computer i see my Blackberry, so I double click it and go to the Blackberry/Music folder then i start copying albums in, 1 at a time. After about 5 or 6 albums it says "The device has stopped responding and gives me an error" So then i have to unplug the Blackberry and plug it back in. Then it lets me copy another few songs then BAM same error.
    10-22-10 01:22 PM

Simply put the usb in to your phones to the computer and instead of clicking sync media go to USB device on the screen and that pops up wants to you connected to your phone.

10-22-10 02:38 PM
    Ok just went to the USB option, went into my M: drive and there is a Blackberry folder, and then no other folders.
    10-22-10 02:55 PM
    Get a cheap smaller card 1G and try to see if it shows up on the bb desktop app. if so than your card is hooped.
    08-22-11 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD