As always, bb map app is installed but there is no icon or launcher to start the app.

Anyone know how to enable it ?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-10 03:53 AM
    I did an internet search for BB maps downloads and found the site to download the app. It actually does not download the full app; it downloads a small file that basically "turns on" the icon.

You will find it at mobileapps.blackberry.com.

Hope this helps.

C
    Last edited by geocd; 08-14-10 at 05:17 AM.
    08-14-10 05:13 AM
    according to my research , its says : How do I get BlackBerry Maps?
    BlackBerry Maps is included in BlackBerry device software 4.2 and later. If you are running one of these versions, simply click on the BlackBerry Maps icon from your home screen.If you are running BlackBerry device software 4.1, you must first download the BlackBerry Maps application. Click here to download.
    You can find out what software version you are running from on your BlackBerry smartphone. From the main menu, open “Settings” -> "Options" -> "About" and see the third line in the information screen, which will look similar to this: v4.1.0.21 (Platform 2.0.0.40).If you are running software versions earlier than 4.1, you will first need to upgrade your software. For download information click here.
    Note: You will need 32 MB of flash memory and at least 200 KB of available memory on your BlackBerry smartphone to install BlackBerry Maps.If you want to check on my favorite websites: Au Gratin Potato Easy Meatball Recipe crockpot beef stew
    meatball sauce
    Last edited by dwaine26; 08-14-10 at 05:26 AM.
    08-14-10 05:21 AM
    It's there, but as always, ATT block it so that you use ATT navigator instead...
    08-14-10 06:18 AM
    AT&T blocks the icon to try to force you to use their map app. Someone wrote a little app to give you an icon to launch the native BlackBerry Maps. Search here on Crackberry and you will find it.

08-14-10 06:20 AM
    I just ended up downloading google maps. It is working good so far.
    08-14-10 07:56 AM
    Wow, that's pretty ****ty of AT&T. Doesn't do that on my unlocked 9800 on T-Mobile, maps works perfectly.

08-14-10 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD