I'm really surprised to not see more posts with questions or information about turning off the tilt function of the 9800. The most annoying thing is that I like showing 3 rows of icons on the home screen, but if you tilt it, it changes to 2 rows, tilt it back to portrait and it stays at 2. This happens every time. Not to mention, on a reboot, it reverts back to 1 row! Unlike the Storm, you cannot set a default number of rows. Regardless, I would ONLY use the landscape option while watching videos....so the tilt is very annoying. Anybody know of any way to turn off the tilt function? Maybe in the programming?

When I had my Storm, there were plenty of applications out there to stop the tilt, but ALL BUT ONE did not retain the settings after a reboot. This was very annoying. Even the one that did retain after a reboot, sometimes failed to work properly.
    08-28-10 08:16 PM
    I'm really surprised to not see more posts with questions or information about turning off the tilt function of the 9800. The most annoying thing is that I like showing 3 rows of icons on the home screen, but if you tilt it, it changes to 2 rows, tilt it back to portrait and it stays at 2. This happens every time. Not to mention, on a reboot, it reverts back to 1 row! Unlike the Storm, you cannot set a default number of rows. Regardless, I would ONLY use the landscape option while watching videos....so the tilt is very annoying. Anybody know of any way to turn off the tilt function? Maybe in the programming?

When I had my Storm, there were plenty of applications out there to stop the tilt, but ALL BUT ONE did not retain the settings after a reboot. This was very annoying. Even the one that did retain after a reboot, sometimes failed to work properly.
    Quicklaunch has a bunch of features and included is QL Lock Tilt which, when engaged, will do just what you are looking for.
    08-28-10 08:54 PM
    Also another free one called Lock It. I had it on my storm 2
    08-28-10 09:02 PM
    Interesting.. I find myself using my Storm in landscape more than portrait.. To each their own I guess!
    08-28-10 09:05 PM
    I downloaded ql and enabled the scfeen tilt but can't get it to work for me. I've look all over the system and then QL sub menus.
    08-29-10 02:11 PM
    I downloaded ql and enabled the scfeen tilt but can't get it to work for me. I've look all over the system and then QL sub menus.
    Did you send a note to CheetahAce or post it in the 3rd Party Apps forum? It may have been addressed in v3.2 that just came out. I myself had issues with a white flash on the homescreen when QL is activated.
    08-29-10 02:36 PM
    After you enable QuickTilt from the QuickLaunch menu you will find the option to turn QuickTilt on/off on the regular menu on any screen.
    08-29-10 03:08 PM
    I use Lock Tilt. But everytime after reboot it is necessary to activate Lock Tilt again.
    08-29-10 03:27 PM
    Ive posted a beta of an app Im working on that might help: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ope...t-mode-522140/
    08-30-10 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD