I try and I try, but I can't seem to quit hitting the send key when I'm trying to hit the period when txting. No big deal it just has me sending more txts than what's needed. Just shows how dumb I am though. I don't know know why Rim had enoufh sense to put the send key on top of emails but rigjt beside the period on txt messages. That's a gross over sight. I mean I'm not fixing to throw my Torch away or anything. I've been trying to use the touch screen more. Than the keyboard and have gotten a lot better except for this one little detail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-11 10:14 AM
    Just hit the space bar twice to add a period.
    02-19-11 10:23 AM
    There is an option which allows you to change the behaviour of the return button. Instead of sending a message it allows you to go to the next line.

Just go to:
    Text messages > Options > Uncheck "Press Enter Key to Send"
    Last edited by uddinf; 02-19-11 at 10:28 AM.
    13echo4 likes this.
    02-19-11 10:25 AM
    There is an option which allows you to change the behaviour of the return button. Instead of sending a message it allows you to go to the next line.

Just go to:
    Text messages > Options > Uncheck "Press Enter Key to Send"
    I thing OP is referring to the virtual key pad & not the physical one.
    02-19-11 10:42 AM
    I thing OP is referring to the virtual key pad & not the physical one.
    Thats what Uddinf is referring to.
    02-19-11 12:15 PM
    So is the guy who made the suggestion.

I have on my virtual keyboard a "return" button instead of "send".

I did this as described above.
    02-19-11 12:39 PM
    I know about about the double space but not the change function. I'll do that causeni haven't been able to train myself to double space. I guess cause tje problem is only on txt. Thanks yall I really appreciate it.

02-19-11 04:01 PM
    Changing the option changes the behaviour of both physical and virtual keyboard
    Harryl6134 likes this.
    02-19-11 04:03 PM
    You mean if I set the virtual keyboard to return the physical will send? Reason I ask is cause the physical keyboard already is setup to return.

02-19-11 06:41 PM
    I've got it setup as suggested. Works like I want it. Is there a way to send with out going into the menu? Doesn't bother me if there isn't. I couldn't find another way and didn't want to miss out on anything. It suites me to go to menu to send.

02-19-11 11:27 PM
    I've got it setup as suggested. Works like I want it. Is there a way to send with out going into the menu? Doesn't bother me if there isn't. I couldn't find another way and didn't want to miss out on anything. It suites me to go to menu to send.
    Press trackpad twice?

02-20-11 07:53 AM
    BB (Menu) button twice. It defaults to "send" on the first press, so a quick double press will send.
    02-20-11 07:57 AM
    Thanks guys it works like a charm. Now I don't use either I just hover and the pop up menu has everything I need in it. Man I got to say my txt has gotten a lot better since I changed this. Thank yall. Another problem I had the other way was I would go to send the txt and hit the period or back button and txt would never be sent. Several times my ol lady would get on to me for not answering her and sure enough the reply would still be here.

02-22-11 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD