I recently purchased a bb torch and now when I try to unlock it is asking me for the service provider how can I find this. Thanks.
    04-30-11 03:38 PM
    Umm... I believe that would be your carrier for cell service... AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, etc. etc.
    04-30-11 03:41 PM
    I recently purchased a bb torch and now when I try to unlock it is asking me for the service provider how can I find this. Thanks.
    Who do you send your cellphone payment to......
    04-30-11 03:41 PM
    There are actually two (2) answers to this:

1) YOUR carrier is whomever you remit your payments to.

2) The carrier the phone is "locked" to is determined by the splash screen that comes
    up when the phone is started.
    04-30-11 11:34 PM
    the carrier info you need is whichever company the phone was subsidized to. are there any logos on the phone?

hit alt + right shift + h.

what number is next to Vendor ID:

the unlocking company needs to know what it is, as its used in generating the unlock code. once you see the vendor id, compare it to the list on this website and it should tell you what carrier its locked to.

8310 vendor id [Archive] - GSM-Forum
    04-30-11 11:44 PM
    the carrier info you need is whichever company the phone was subsidized to. are there any logos on the phone?

the unlocking company needs to know what it is, as its used in generating the unlock code. once you see the vendor id, compare it to the list on this website and it should tell you what carrier its locked to.

Thanks for the tips, I now know that my carrier is Vodafone UK.
    01-28-17 03:56 PM

vendor id 600
    lots of carriers are on list infront of this vendor id, which one is the one? how to know?
    11-24-18 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD