Hi Folks.

Hopefully this is an easy one for someone to answer, when i have lets say 50 messages in my inbox how do i select them all then delete them all ?

At the moment im selecting them using two fingers on screen and then hitting delete, i dont see an option to select "all" and then delete.

Steve.
    10-18-10 01:05 PM
    Tips Forum

Crackberry Tips Hacks
    Last edited by AmigaDude; 10-18-10 at 01:14 PM.
    10-18-10 01:11 PM
    You should be able to go to the very top of the messages inbox or select the date divider for when you want to delete and select Delete Prior
    10-18-10 01:12 PM
    Go to the top of the header where u want everything prior to that heading deleted, bb button > delete prior. Should do the trick.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-10 01:18 PM
    Excellent thanks guys once i figured out you meant select the date at the top of a group of messages then BB button and select "delete prior" that did just what i wanted.

Steve.
    10-18-10 01:39 PM
    You can also hold your caps button and highlight whatever messages you want to delete and then press the del button. That works good if you don't want to wipe a whole days messages out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-10 02:20 PM
    Hi Folks.

Hopefully this is an easy one for someone to answer, when i have lets say 50 messages in my inbox how do i select them all then delete them all ?

At the moment im selecting them using two fingers on screen and then hitting delete, i dont see an option to select "all" and then delete.

Steve.
    When I had the same problem, I did the following with my Curve 810.
    You can search messages, including PIN, Call Logs et cetera, and one of the options I found was to search for unopened messages. This did lead me to not open any message I did not want to see, and once a while I did the search for unopened messages, and got a list of all the messages I did not open.

The list provided me with all those I did not want, but also those I forgot to open.
    I opened the messages I wanted, and they simply disappeared from the unopened list. I selected every message left and deleted them all.
    The sweet thing was, that I could store the search string and settings, and I used "u" for that. So every time I saw in my Message screen a multitude of unopened messages, I did Alt+u in the Message screen, and the list would pop up, for easy filtering.

Having the list, I selected those messages via Shift (hold it)+Tracker-Ball, and scroll down. The highlighted messages could then be removed easily.

With the Torch you can extend searches to anything very easily and these are my settings so far concerning message delete:
    In Messages, goto Search by
    Select Advanced
    Leave Name: blank
    Appears in: In Any Address Field
    Leave Subject: blank
    Leave Message: blank
    Tick Include Encrypted Messages
    Service: All Services
    Folder: All Folders
    Show: Unopened Only
    Type: All

I saved under Alt+u

Selection of multiple items goes via Shift (hold it)+Tracker-Button.

Hopes this helps a little.
    Last edited by dreamquartz; 10-19-10 at 04:24 PM.
    10-19-10 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD