My daughter gave me her Blackberry torch 9800. It still has her user ID. I want to change it to mine. I went onto the Blackberry site and registered thinking that would do it (it was plugged into the computer) It said i was registered. When i then went into the phone it still came up with her Id and password. She went into Blackberry from her home 100 miles away and changed the password so that I could hopefully then go in and change the id. I went through all the motions and then had to give a new password. I did this but when I pressed save it wont let me because it says that my email (user ID) is already used by someone else. I think this is because I registered but i am now stumped as to how to get it to let me change to my email address as the ID. Help please.
    10-25-13 09:20 AM
    My daughter gave me her Blackberry torch 9800. It still has her user ID. I want to change it to mine. I went onto the Blackberry site and registered thinking that would do it (it was plugged into the computer) It said i was registered. When i then went into the phone it still came up with her Id and password. She went into Blackberry from her home 100 miles away and changed the password so that I could hopefully then go in and change the id. I went through all the motions and then had to give a new password. I did this but when I pressed save it wont let me because it says that my email (user ID) is already used by someone else. I think this is because I registered but i am now stumped as to how to get it to let me change to my email address as the ID. Help please.
    The device needs to be secure wiped before the bid can be changed. When it restarts then you can enter your bid.

Sent from my ME173X using CB Forums mobile app
    10-25-13 09:35 AM
    How do I do this and can I do it when my sim card is removed?
    10-25-13 10:36 AM
    From the security menu. I forget the location.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 03:30 PM
    Go to "Options" -> "Third Party Applications" -> "BlackBerry ID"

You can change your BlackBerry ID at here. Good Luck!
    11-01-13 01:59 AM