Wow! Many thanks, doing that actually made me feel like I'm a BB genius! That was honestly the most complicated thing I've done with this device since I got it! Quick question on memory leak. I searched the forums and it seems primarily focused on memory leaks in relation to native browsers OS's but no explanation on why it happens. Not even sure what a memory leak is but after I had downloaded MeterBerry I noticed it shows my device had leaked "Since Startup; 3.8 MB" ....to me that seems like alot, but I honestly don't know. Everyone on this thread has already been supremely helpful so I figured I'd press my luck and see if I can pick thy brains some more!

I usually sit around -0.5 MB since start up. If you are a normal OS (Leaked or Official) and would like to see around that all the time, I would recommend downloading/installing a hybrid. There is guides within the Hybrid threads to help you along with that process. My favorite hybrid is Alz3abi's V3 over .576 as a base OS. That is what I am running right now and I can't complain. If you do decide to do this, you will have to get back into your eScreen.

I'm not an app junkie and I haven't really uninstalled too much and I still have 264.1 MB fee on my Torch. So memory shouldn't be an issue.
    Wow.. That seems low for what I've always had. Then again I shrink my OS as much as possible. With about 14 optional apps, my free memory is sitting at 314MB left. Even when I had around 30-35 apps I still always had above 290MB.
    Last edited by TechNerd.McLeod; 07-03-11 at 11:28 AM.
    Yamaha Racer likes this.
    07-03-11 11:19 AM
    hi,my Torch running v6.0.0.600..agreed with you all guys.. for me running apps is no 2,main fact is your space memory,big space memory means big your pagefile (like a pc),me already edit my o.s (loader file) JAVA folder... delete something like VAD,media toolkit and HELP file.. (still can go more @ i m not remove wallpaper and ringtone)then after install few theme and apps which important for me.. my built in memory still 3.7GB/3.7GB,my total RAM 437MB/free RAM is 393.9MB,my APP WORLD 300.1 MB free.. my suggestion is,always checked - Alt LGLG,memory cleaner (put at homescreen for manually) ,apps for device is Memboo (free ram).. this is my final how to speed up your blackberry,kindly before this try reset USR frequency (from e-screen)../ its FAST AND SNAPPY!! but,need to always do a adjustment... not save it.. i not do it any more.. just wait for torch2 with 1.2Ghz... already keep money for it.. add me for more info-2685e15a
    Yamaha Racer likes this.
    07-03-11 02:54 PM
    Thank you rayme, I'll have to give that a try! But Technerd_Mcleod's suggestion was REALLY helpful. Removed all the old messages and data caches, free'd up lost memory and made a NOTICEABLE difference in the overall "snappiness" of my device! Used to have a very slight lag when sending emails w/ attachments, now it's just about instant!
    Technerd.McLeod likes this.
    07-03-11 03:46 PM
    Thank you rayme, I'll have to give that a try! But Technerd_Mcleod's suggestion was REALLY helpful. Removed all the old messages and data caches, free'd up lost memory and made a NOTICEABLE difference in the overall "snappiness" of my device! Used to have a very slight lag when sending emails w/ attachments, now it's just about instant!
    That is exactly why I free up my memory that way. Whenever my phone is feeling the slightest bit sluggish, I do that and it's back to normal. I've never done any other way because I've never seen the need to. Glad I could help so much though!
    07-03-11 04:15 PM
    y/w :-) about old message and cache only a few KB (kilobyte)... so no issue with that.. you can see how your torch device working at- device-application management... looking at CPU and MEMORY.. example: my torch MEMORY =243.1MB used,271.1MB free...definitely,you need to to do all thing to make the best result.. such a good speed and whatever you do with your Torch.. and,in my torch... i got what i want it.. but sadly torch not support flash.. thats all..
    07-03-11 04:23 PM
    may i asking, TechNerd.McLeod,how your torch after use that hybrid? is it good? already looking at that Alz3abi hybrid... worry not suitable for any activities and functioning...
    07-03-11 04:35 PM
    may i asking, TechNerd.McLeod,how your torch after use that hybrid? is it good? already looking at that Alz3abi hybrid... worry not suitable for any activities and functioning...
    Alz3abi's hybrid are my hybrids of choice. They have also ran smooth, all apps always work. Good on memory management and battery life.

Another good thing to delete to help your phone be faster, delete the Event Log viewer app so you never have to do the last step of the procedure I posted on the previous page. I have noticed my phone going faster and battery life is a lot better since it's not logging everything you are doing.
    rayme_san likes this.
    07-03-11 04:43 PM
    Alz3abi's hybrid are my hybrids of choice. They have also ran smooth, all apps always work. Good on memory management and battery life.

Another good thing to delete to help your phone be faster, delete the Event Log viewer app so you never have to do the last step of the procedure I posted on the previous page. I have noticed my phone going faster and battery life is a lot better since it's not logging everything you are doing.
    thats true techNerd Mcleod... thats is my routine... clearing whatever i dont want.. bout a that hybrid,i will try...
    07-03-11 04:51 PM
    thats true techNerd Mcleod... thats is my routine... clearing whatever i dont want.. bout a that hybrid,i will try...
    I know you will not be disappointed. I never have been with his hybrids. Other hybrids disappointed me because I would get the hour glass a lot, lots of lag, bad on memory management. You won't find that stuff with his hybrids though. I hope your experience with his hybrid is as good as mine always is.
    rayme_san likes this.
    07-03-11 05:12 PM
    TechNerdMcleod,sorry off topic,is it for 576? i mean that alz3abi hybrid... can i use 600?
    07-03-11 05:26 PM
    oh,sorry... thats different,,, confused with p6 and pbr6.. :-)
    07-03-11 05:33 PM
    TechNerdMcleod,sorry off topic,is it for 576? i mean that alz3abi hybrid... can i use 600?
    In his thread about it, he recommends his hybrid to be used with .576 which is what I did just to make sure I knew I'd get the most out of the hybrid. I don't know how it works with .600
    rayme_san likes this.
    07-03-11 05:40 PM
    In his thread about it, he recommends his hybrid to be used with .576 which is what I did just to make sure I knew I'd get the most out of the hybrid. I don't know how it works with .600
    TechNerd.McLeod.... Thank you very.. Very2 appreciated with you,, that's hybrid really awesome.. Its really smooth.. Background apps only running little,and my coverage increase which placed bad area....
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Technerd.McLeod likes this.
    07-04-11 10:05 AM
    Un-enabling the compression dramatically changed my 9900. I would have my live prices brokers app open with another app too. This would show the little clock so much.

Now I have unchecked the compression I now can have two lives prices apps open in the background whilst watching an HD you tube video.

Now, no little clock whatsoever.
    02-18-12 04:40 PM
    my blackberry's always low. and freezes.
    since i installed this app:

Buy BeJoose - Memory Optimizer - ON SALE - Download BeJoose - Memory Optimizer - ON SALE - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

and stopped using the app battery plus,

the blackberry doesnt freeze anymore.

blackberry 9800.
    03-06-12 10:05 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD